XWP has collaborated on some of the most ambitious and successful WordPress projects and partnered with the likes of Google, News Corp, and Penske Media Corporation (PMC) to bring richer technologies and delightful user experiences to the open web.
Our team of 100+ experts (from 30+ countries and 6 continents) enjoys challenging work, service-focused and collaborative teammates, and many opportunities to grow and learn. We’re a fully remote team that prizes flexibility, autonomy, and trust in the workplace, making a rewarding career accessible wherever you are and whatever stage of life you’re in. We have a passion and enthusiasm for what we do and a sincere care for each other and our clients.
We are looking for the right person to join the People Operations team as a Candidate Experience Specialist to support our team growth and deliver exceptional experiences for all who participate in the hiring process at XWP.
Who You Are
- You’re highly organized and leverage tools and systems to keep on top of details
- You’re an excellent listener and your empathetic approach helps people feel safe being open with you
- Your default is over-communication
- You proactively take steps to better understand and improve the experience of all team members in your workplace
- You have confidence in the skills and experience you’ve cultivated, yet are continually looking to learn from others and grow your effectiveness
- You balance strong personal initiative with a bias for understanding and alignment
- You would find work-life harmony with the give and take of schedule flexibility and work needs that extend across many time zones (AMER, EMEA)
- You value autonomy and have the self-management skills to operate dependably in a fully remote role
What You’ve Done
- Through active participation or close collaboration, you’ve developed a first-hand understanding of the recruiting scope of work and can explain the critical role it plays in business operations
- You’ve maintained an ATS (we use Recruitee) and evaluated inbound resumés across several open requisitions
- You’ve actively supported multiple ongoing communication streams across both external and internal audiences, keeping all parties up to date
- You’ve leveraged asynchronous communication skills and tools to facilitate efficiency across many time zones
- You’ve conducted early-stage candidate interviews for both technical and non-technical roles
- You’ve worked closely with or served as a hiring manager in a fast-growing organization.
- You’ve applied deliberate effort to shaping delightful experiences for those you serve
- You’ve done the above tasks in a fast growing agency or startup environment
- You have a history of active participation in the open-source software community
- You have a history of active participation in the WordPress community
What You’ll Do Here
- Serve as the initial and primary point of contact for inbound applicants, representing the values and mission of XWP to all who apply
- Maintain and organize Recruitee (ATS) to support effective and expedient recruitment as well as reliable data collection
- Coordinate hands-on trial projects, hiring manager interviews, and follow-up communications as needed to reduce friction and increase velocity
- Conduct structured and documented candidate screening calls reducing bias and increasing diversity
- Work collaboratively with hiring managers, creating an equally delightful experience for them as is provided to candidates
- Post and manage advertisements in effective recruitment marketing channels targeting diverse communities
- Participate in sourcing and outbound initiatives
- Give and receive feedback and advocate for changes as needed or suggested by the team
- Help to cultivate a community that is reflective of our core values and vision
What Success Looks Like
- Time to hire is consistently better than the industry average, contributing to high rates of offers accepted
- Candidates regularly report an outstanding experience
- The ratio of candidates hired to candidates screened is striking a healthy balance.
- Hiring managers feel well supported and informed as internal partners in the hiring process
- Increasing XWP’s reach into technical communities as reflected by inbound application diversity, rates, and sources
- Our community is growing in care for each other and our positive impact on each other, our clients, and the wider open web ecosystem
Payscale & Benefits
- Trust and support from your colleagues (we look out for each other and work together towards our shared goals and vision)
- The rewards of a highly collaborative culture (we’re a team, not a working group)
- Remote work done right! High levels of schedule flexibility, time to invest in family, caregiving, and interests outside of work
- The chance to play an important part in helping XWP achieve its full potential and make a meaningful difference for our team members and the open web
- A starting pay range of USD $25-35 per hour
- Potential to begin your engagement working anywhere from 20-30 hours per week
- Unleash+ allowance of $2,500 per year to enrich your life
XWP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
Are you intrigued?
Apply now and tell us about yourself, what this role will mean to you, and why you are who we want to work with.
If you are not the one we are looking for, please share this with anyone you know who might be!