Our mission at Wrapbook is to increase the prosperity of the project economy. A significant shift has occurred within the workforce recently and 50M Americans are now engaged in freelance or project-based work. The popularity of project based employment has introduced flexibility for both employers and employees but also added complexities from a compensation and administrative standpoint. Our vertical fintech platform enables companies to seamlessly onboard, pay and insure their workforces.
We’re building the best product for the entertainment industry but operate in a 50B market and have big goals we want to achieve. With legacy competition slow to react and over 30M raised from Andreessen Horowitz, Equal Ventures, Uncork Capital, Jeffrey Katzenberg and CAA co-founder Michael Ovitz, we are at an exciting stage of growth and there isn’t a better time to join!
The Opportunity – Lead Data Engineer (Remote USA/Canada)
Wrapbook is looking for a Lead Data Engineer who will play a hands-on role in driving our mission to build an outstanding technology company. You will be working as part of a cross-functional team, building high quality data architecture. More than just understanding the strategic importance of data, you’re eager to roll up your sleeves and build the infrastructure to support it. You will take complex product roadmap features and will be engaged in identifying, designing, and implementing process improvements for the team.
What you’ll Do:
- Build and deliver high quality data architecture to support data analysts
- Design, implement, and maintain low-latency ETL pipeline from different data sources (e.g RDS, Salesforce, Zendesk, Google Analytics, etc)
- Design data pipelines to extract data from a variety of sources, including unstructured, semi-structured, and fully structured data
- Maintaining data infrastructure to keep up with the product roadmap
- Work closely with data analyst on testing and deciding on what BI tools to use
- Partner with our DevOps engineers to build a secure infrastructure for our data stack
What you’ll Have:
- 3+ years of experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, & data sets
- Experience with Snowflake is a must
- Experience with modern ETL tools and transformation layers like FiveTran, Stitch, segment, xplenty, dbt or airflow
- Experience using any cloud platform such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience working with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Demonstrated experience with data modelling, ETL and data performance tuning
- Experience using Python for data processing
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to translate technical concepts into easy to understand language for our stakeholders.
- Desire to continuously learn how to implement the latest tech and analytical tools into our tech stack
- Ability to think holistically about uses of data, designing for ease of data access
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field is preferred
Why Join Us:
At Wrapbook, creativity meets technology — and not just in the product.
In addition to a competitive salary and all the benefits you can expect from a fast-growing technology company, you’ll get access to a team of creative problem solvers and the chance to see your contributions make large impacts Benefits include:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Stock Options
- 100% Remote – work from anywhere you want
- Health, Vision and Dental benefits from $1 per month
- Budget for home office set up
- 401k and RRSP – 4% Matching
- Learning and Development Allowance
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
Wrapbook pledges to be a harassment- and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our Talent team will be in touch with you shortly!