Qualified candidates may be eligible for a minimum sign-on incentive of $5,000 based on years of experience!
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Nursing is seeking a Staff Nurse (RN) for the Medical Surgical Services (MSS) division. The Adult Acute Internal Medicine Units (4/5 South) are both 13-bed, general medicine inpatient units that serve patients with multiple diagnoses and co-morbidities, providing general care to adult and geriatric patient populations. You will work with multiple different medical services that may include but not limited to: family practice, internal medicine, cardiology, nephrology, gastroenterology, wound care, infectious disease and oncology. We offer opportunities for education, quality improvement, and first-hand collaboration with medical teams. 4/5 South is a fast-paced, challenging and team-oriented working environment. We use a multidisciplinary approach to patient care that is patient centered and encourages teamwork between nursing staff, physicians, therapy teams, social work, care coordination, and pharmacists.
Percent of Time: 60%
Schedule: 24 hours per week
#1: Weekend Option Days 07-1930 Saturday and Sunday
#2 Weekend Option Rotating Days/Nights
Location: General Hospital
Rotations: Alternating holidays, Weekend rotation
Salary: $31,621 per year to commensurate *This does not include inpatient or shift differentials
SEIU Pay Plan:
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click
- An Associate’s Degree in Nursing, a Diploma in Nursing, a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, Professional Masters of Nursing and Healthcare Practice (MNHP), MSN/Clinical Nurse Leader or a Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN, MA) is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with patients/families, nursing staff, and interdisciplinary team members as demonstrated through written and verbal interactions
- General computer skills are required, including proficiency in managing multiple databases including Microsoft Excel
- Current license to practice nursing in Iowa is required by date of hire.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing is highly desired
- If Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is not yet obtained, active enrollment in a BSN program is desirable
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.