Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9)
Senior DevOps Engineer
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll help our clients setup and manage their environments running the W Energy Software via our Software as a Service offering. You will play an integral role in deploying client upgrades and managing W Energy Software’s internal development environments and infrastructure: analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving system issues as well as configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning and monitoring system software and servers. You will also be expected to help identify and implement automation solutions and tools around environment and software deployment management.
You’ll have the opportunity for rapid growth within a fast growing, high-tech, oil and gas software provider. No two days are the same – you’ll never stop learning and growing. You’ll have the autonomy to make important decisions while receiving support and guidance along the way. You bring your intelligence, creativity and curiosity; we’ll teach you the rest.
This position is remote or based at W Energy Software’s headquarters in Tulsa, Oklahoma. You’ll receive competitive benefits and have the opportunity to earn performance bonuses. W Energy Software offers a fast-paced environment, which is one of continuous learning; you’ll have access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others.
You will enjoy working in a flexible environment where mutual respect is a key ingredient. The team is supportive, very talented and is always encouraged to communicate ideas with the executive team.
• Bachelor’s degree (computer science, software engineering, computer & information systems)
• Self-motivated with sound academic background and strong Computer Science foundation
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect
• Eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills
• Effective problem-solving skills; intellectually curious about issues and how to resolve
• Pro-active work approach; ability to take “ownership”
• Experience with administration and support of (both physical and virtual): Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu) Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Web Servers and Web Applications
• Knowledge of systems hardware, software and network technologies
• Comfortable working in command line interface
• Strong proficiency in scripting or code development (Bash, PowerShell, Python, etc)
• A drive to continue learning, specifically about the energy business and the W Energy Software
• Good inter-personal skills with a strong commitment to customer service
• Some travel may be required