? Work for a DCer
? Anywhere in the World
? Work with the Founder
? Competitive Salary & Perks
? $350 Receive a Referral Bonus
*Get Paid: If you recommend this job to the person that gets hired, we will give you a $350 referral bonus! How will we contact you about giving you your bonus? Tell your referral to list your name and/or email in the “How did you hear about this job?” question. Once they’re hired, we’ll make sure you get paid.
What’s Video Husky about?
What’s the role?
Who are we looking for?
P&L responsibility means you need to understand how to drive profit while balancing growth and expenses.
You plan, budget and forecast so the leadership team is on the same page.
You believe in establishing and tracking metrics as leading indicators to deliver results.
You don’t need to know the solution to everything, (you can hire for that), but you can confidently identify which problems to manage first.
You care about getting things done, not just taking action.
You believe the devil is in the details and are happy to go through the weeds to fix a problem when necessary.
You enjoy keeping people accountable to their targets and assigned tasks
What You’ll Do?
- Oversight of day to day operations
- Lead and manage onboarding, operations, and hiring managers to ensure quality work is done on time while balancing capacity needs as the company grow
- Own the P and L
- Building forecasts that everybody agrees on
- Manage finances to ensure profitability
- Keep leadership team accountable to their forecasted metrics and numbers
- Head of acquisition=new customers
- Ops supervisor=customer satisfaction
- Hiring manager=balanced new hires
- Establish and manage staff career track and expectations
- Illustrate clear career path and ending for staff at VH
- Implement and manage an “operating system” that the leadership team works from
- Shared vision, goals, and to-do lists
- Shared method to track metrics and keep
- Optimize existing products for better financial and work margins
- Re-engineer and innovate on product and economics
- Help team to deliver high-quality work with less input and better margins
- Mediate and manage issues when they arise
- Be ready to manage emergencies with customers or staff gracefully when they inevitably arise
- Build out Video Husky people, processes, and technology stack
- Identify and exploit opportunities to streamline workflows for company-wide efficiency gains
- Remove obstacles and barriers
- Identify bottlenecks and remove them to enable staff to get work done better and faster
- Build and optimize workflows for increased efficiency and/or effectiveness
What do we not expect from you
While preferred – actual technical video editing knowledge isn’t necessary. We have strong editors and managers who all have the requisite editing knowledge.
Besides ops, we also have an acquisition marketing and sales team that will handle the day to day functions of acquiring new customers. While part of your role will be to grow through acquisition, there is already a team in place to make acquisition happen and it’s more your role to keep them accountable.
Personality and Values
- Take responsibility
- You want to make things better.
- You are somebody who cares about making a difference for others.
- Deliver results
- You don’t make excuses.
- You always take pride in a job well done.
- You can’t be everything to everyone, so you set boundaries and prioritize so you can do less to deliver better.
- You put the time and effort needed to get things done, but care about things beyond work and protect that.
- Seek improvement
- You are always trying to find ways to do things better or faster, for yourself and for others.
- You are the kind of person who only invests in great linear relationships and you would rather say no if that’s not the case.