Universal Avenue is on a mission to accelerate the world’s digital transformation by delivering an unmatched experience for buying and selling hardware, software, and services for businesses worldwide.
Our platform enables sales organisations to take control of their IT sales process by giving their customers tools to handle employee onboarding, hardware and software purchasing, and asset management.
The mission as a developer within the Storefront team is to build, research, and maintain the features that make our users love the product. You will be highly involved in all matters of development with the ability to influence.
- Develop a best-in-class store management experience that allows partners to easily create and build unique stores to achieve their sales goals.
- Design and architect a layout engine capable of generating “n” number of unique design options to allow stores to be truly unique.
- Empower our users to feel creative and accomplished, by giving them tools to create what they need, without needing development experience or design knowledge.
What you’ll need to succeed
Required skills ?
- 3 years of React or similar SPA experience
- GraphQL / Apollo experience
- Experience with Jest / Enzyme / Cypress / similar testing environments
- Experience working with/on design systems, including Storybook
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
Show ownership ?
- Take total ownership of your work. This means sweating all the details to make sure our partners have an unrivaled experience when using our platform. You are also responsible for creating, operating and maintaining the things produced within your team.
- Be curious. Always strive to learn and grow as a person and employee. Seek out deep knowledge about our partners and our business, and look for ways to improve how we work on a continual basis.
Manage speed ⚡️
- Fail fast. Uncover issues, solve the hardest parts first, and get failures out in the open and resolved as early as possible, so we can ensure we’re driving towards the correct goal in the right way.
- Ship often. We aim to ship and garner feedback as often as possible in tight loops. This ensures we are never far from our objective and are able to adjust course if need be.
Represent quality ?
- Set the bar. You are responsible for the image of development inside the company and out in the world. Set an exemplary record for the department, inspire and guide fellow developers, and make meaningful efforts to promote our ways of working both internally and externally.
- Sweat the details. Do not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project. Look for ways to take your work from good to great. What makes an editing experience great? Be the most knowledgeable person in the company about it and share that wisdom far and wide.
Earn trust ?
- Be an exceptional communicator. Speak and write clearly and efficiently, taking in mind your audience and their concerns.
- Manage your reputation. Say what you mean, and do what you say. When we make promises inside the business or to customers, we must ensure that we stick to our commitments. Our reputation both as a team, and as a company depends on it. Be known for your dependability inside the team and in the wider organisation.
Deliver wow ✨
- Make those around you better. Look for ways to lift others up. Look for ways to make the company a better place to work. Leave things better than you found them.
- Beat expectations. Try to delight not only our customers, but the people within the organisation as well. This means polishing demos, communicating ahead of time, and shipping exemplary, well-tested code that the whole team can be proud of.
What we offer
- A fast-growing startup on an ambitious mission to digitalize businesses world-wide
- Freedom and flexibility in how and where you work
- A diverse team of talented and supportive colleagues
- Centrally located offices
- Six weeks of paid vacation
- Pension at Swedish ITP1 levels