~ Per Diem / As Needed Position ~
LincolnHealth on the Miles Campus is looking for per diem Ultrasound Technologist to join our care team. This is complex clinical diagnostic work performing ultrasound procedures for use in the evaluation and treatment of patients. ARDMS certification required. Position performs abdominal, OB/GYN, small parts, and some vascular procedures on adult and pediatric patients. Cardiac experience preferred, but not required. Exams are performed at both Miles (Damariscotta) and St. Andrews (Boothbay Harbor) campuses. Weeknight and weekend call is shared among staff.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Knowledge of anatomy and physiology as well as radiographic techniques, procedures and equipment at a level generally acquired through completion of an approved program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: 6-12 months of experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of ultrasound techniques, procedures and equipment as well as ability to identify pathologies necessary.
- Analytical ability to identify and characterize pathology, appropriately image pathology and identify areas requiring further testing. Must be able to analyze quality of scan.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with radiologist when discussing procedures.
- Exceptional patient care skills and communication.
- Able to work independently and make decisions accordingly.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to management, public groups, employees, customers and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.