The Remote Company is a network of remote-first tech companies. We’re united by our values and approach to doing business. You will work with products like MailerLite, MailerSend, MailerCheck, MyZenTeam and Ycode.
We’re looking for our next Financial Assistant who’ll ensure that our organization has its bookkeeping in order for budgets and taxes. If you’ve found your passion in finance and you’re looking to learn something new every day, then apply now!
Why The Remote Company?
Wondering why we think you’ll love working for The Remote Company? Here are 6 reasons!
- You won’t be bored
The Financial Assistant will support our accounting operations including daily bookkeeping management, accurate and timely month-end closing, bank reconciliations, expense tracking and tax compliance support.
- You will be challenged with interesting tasks
You’ll be responsible for taking care of a variety of interesting tasks, which include managing daily bookkeeping activities for all of our different entities and supporting our tax compliance process, including US federal and state taxes and foreign entities filings.
- You will take ownership
We don’t micromanage and try not to interrupt your work with random tasks. We do expect you to take full responsibility and ownership for the stuff you build.
- You will have experts at hand
Whenever you’re stuck, your teammates are eager to help you grow. And they’d love for you to share your knowledge too!
- You can pick where you want to work, every day
At The Remote Company, we embrace the remote culture. Every day you get to choose what environment makes you most productive.
- You can count on stability
You can count on us to offer you a stable workplace! We’re continuously growing and our oldest company, MailerLite, has been around for more than 10 years.
What we expect from you
- 2 years of experience in a finance role, ideally with SaaS business model
- Hands-on experience with accounting software (Quickbooks)
- Good knowledge of US GAAP and ASC606
- Experience on applicable rules and procedures within US and Europe
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Ability to work independently, collaborating with teams across multiple zones and countries
What we offer
- Salary: $33,000-$37,000 (gross)
- Remote-first culture with the team working remotely from all over the world
- Company-paid retreats that we call workations. The whole company gathers once a year for a week in an exotic location to work, learn and have fun together
- Team meet-up once a year – you and your team will get a budget to meet and bond in a location of your choice
- Four weeks of vacation. We encourage you to unplug and recharge!
- Annual benefits, which include a budget for home office setup, personal development, leisure trips, etc.
- MacBook and other tools that’ll help you to do your job efficiently
- Check the full list of our awesome benefits here
Don’t send us a CV. We like to do things differently. Instead, here is how we would like you to apply:
- Get a MailerLite account
MailerLite is part of the ecosystem of The Remote Company. You can sign up for free here. Read here how to create an account.
- Create a newsletter about YOU
In your MailerLite account, go to “Campaigns” and create a newsletter that answers the questions below.
- Send your newsletter application
Send your newsletter or the preview URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll find this URL in the editor under “Preview and test” and then “Preview mode.”
Things we want to see in your newsletter:
- The title of this role in your email subject line
- How you heard about this job
- Links to your Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook or personal homepage
- Previous companies you worked for, your role, projects you worked on
- The accounting software that you have experience with
- Why you want to join The Remote Company
- Your remote work experience
- Your description of a project or product that you loved working on and why
- Expected salary
We wish you all the best of luck!