Join the fully-remote team at Teaching.com to create, develop, and deliver fun and engaging games for students and educators!
Who We Are & What We Do
We’re working to change the future of online education by building exciting products that equip students and teachers with the tools to succeed in the classroom and beyond. We’re a small, hard-working group of self-starters who are passionate about what we do and constantly seek new ways we can be better, together. We were fully-remote before COVID, and creating a healthy remote culture is a key priority for us.
As a team member at Teaching.com, you’ll work on the #1 educational game in the world, Nitro Type, an institution in U.S. classrooms for a decade. Played by millions of students, Nitro Type is a fast-paced, fun way to practice typing skills. If you have a passion for games or education and love to see your work enjoyed in real time by a passionate audience of players and teachers, there’s no better team than Nitro.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
We are looking for a curious and passionate designer with a drive towards building web software that enables players to engage with Nitro Type in an intuitive and engaging manner. You’re less concerned with patting yourself on the back for pixel-perfect designs and more concerned with quickly and efficiently delivering value to our users. The ideal candidate has experience leveraging data, user research and intuition to craft designs and is comfortable translating their designs into HTML/CSS.
Skills & Background
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly written (as a remote company, we heavily emphasize written communication across all departments)
- 5+ years of designing web applications
- A strong portfolio of product UI/UX design
- Proficiency writing performant and accessible HTML/CSS
- Basic understanding of browser performance and standards
- Comfortable working in git-based workflows
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- A positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience and/or passion for designing in games or education space
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited paid time off
- Company-owned laptop
- Remote office stipend
- Flexible office hours
- Ongoing education assistance
- Annual company retreat
Sorry, we will not transfer or sponsor visas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.