At Syncro, we are a highly creative and collaborative team crafting software applications to help small businesses be successful. Our software provides a platform for IT Professionals and Managed Service Providers to do job tracking and ticketing, SLA Management, invoicing, and integrations with tons of online tools. We are a different kind of startup — we know that making the lives of our customers easier and more fun is the way to build great long-term relationships while having fun creating and inventing along the way. We value people, creativity, trust, and diversity which inspires success and happiness in the lives of our employees and customers.
Syncro is a people-first company with both the internal team and clients. Externally, our software is built with an extreme level of interactivity with the user community. Internally, team development is prioritized through cross training, career growth, internal promotions, and prioritization of team members’ growth over all else.
The Opportunity: This role leads a team of top notch engineers and the primary focus is to make our products even more awesome by guiding and empowering the team to build and invent. You will facilitate the adoption of new technology and make a significant impact on our strategic direction. In direct collaboration with Sales, Product, Customer Success and other teams, you will work hands-on to solve complex problems and remove roadblocks for your team. You will be reporting directly to the VP of Engineering.
The more of the following questions you can answer with “Yes”, the higher the likelihood of you being a great fit with our team:
- Are you a player-coach who can lead and get your hands dirty?
- Do you really (we mean really) care to help others grow?
- Are you hungry enough to continue to grow?
- Do you enjoy working on a product that makes other people more efficient and happy?
- Are you ambitious and yet compassionate?
- React, React Native
- Ruby on Rails, .Net, Phoenix/Elixr
- PostgreSQL Database
- Heroku, Kubernates
- AWS, GCP, Azure
We move ship daily and use Scrum. Our team of engineers with have a global, remote presence in diverse locations – US, Canada, Eastern Europe and Asia
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Oversee the execution of our functional roadmap, creating plans to enable efficiency and high productivity for the team
- Set priorities for and assign tasks to the team, pivoting when necessary and reallocating resources when needed.
- Recommend technical directions to Engineering Leadership
- Communicate clearly and transparently the strategy, rationale and progress within the team and to stakeholders, and communicate as necessary with customers on complex topics
- Provide timely feedback and coaching to the team, investing considerable time to the career development of team members.
- Propose budget and sizing for various projects
Who You Are:
- You understand that leadership is about serving your team and creating a space for developer autonomy and ownership. You have delivered production-quality software. Engineers respect how you run teams and treat people. You enjoy talking about technical topics as much as you like talking about the development process and the career growth of your team. You want to be on the front-lines with your team.
- You’ve built high-quality software, solved technical problems at scale, and believe in shipping software iteratively and often
- You have a track record of hiring, retaining, and managing high-performing teams
- You have experience managing a globally distributed team
- You possess solid communication and people skills
- You are constantly looking for ways to improve yourself, the team, and the company with fresh ideas
- You effectively collaborate with customers and key stakeholders
- You consider the effect of your work across multiple teams and proactively manage potential issues
- You have solid engineering fundamentals
- You have the proven ability to partner with a diverse group of stakeholders, including Engineering, Marketing and Product team to drive toward shared goals
- You are located in the US in one of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, KY, IL, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, UT, VA, WA
Technical and Skills Qualifications:
- Exceptional leadership experience (at least 3 years) with a track record of growing and developing team members and giving feedback
- At least 3 years of hands-on coding experience in modern stack
- Superior analytical and mathematical skills
- Incredible problem solving abilities
- Able to collaborate with many other teams with a high degree of success
- Ability to create a set of qualifications for a new product
- Work experience in a SaaS and Scrum environment
- Rails and React Experience is a plus
What you can expect from us:
- We are the PIONEERS of “work from home” – remote work is all we have ever done and we do it well! Our team members are all over the globe working from home and striking an awesome balance in their lives!
- Equality and Inclusion aren’t just posters on the wall, but deeply ingrained in how we think, behave, and interact.
- Looking to grow? We have designed career paths to help our teams understand where they are growing and how to get there.
- We are focused on personal and professional growth and we’ll keep you challenged, learning, passionate, and growing
- Care for one another is a big part of Syncro-Life. We’ll give you opportunities to nurture your curiosity and give back to one another and your communities.
- Our Healthcare insurance is great! Low deductible and very low out of pocket costs.
- Save for your future with our modern and hassle-free 401(k) program
Syncro is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive and do their best work, free from discrimination and harassment.