Software Development Engineer (Client-Side) III
Subsplash—The Ultimate Engagement Platform™ for churches, Christian ministries, non-profits, and businesses around the world, serves 14,000+ clients, creating impactful products, and delighting the 40 million real people who use our platform every day. Subsplash is one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. (Inc. 5,000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020) and has won awards for best mobile experience, been voted one of Seattle and Austin’s best places to work multiple years in a row, created some of the most downloaded apps of all time, and built enterprise software for world-class brands like XBOX, Microsoft, Samsung, Expedia, and Cisco; yet, at the end of the day, our passion is to equip churches to make a lasting impact in our world. Our team of 200+ mission-driven people who are committed to our core values of humility, innovation, and excellence has pioneered the market with over 30-firsts for the church market including the first-ever church mobile app.
Working at Subsplash is more than just a job; we are a team of people who are courageous, inventive, and passionate about doing meaningful work every day. Don’t take our word for it—head to Glassdoor and see for yourself!
About the Team
The Engineering Team is responsible for building and running all the products that Subsplash offers. We are a super-star team of software engineering, QA, and site reliability professionals creating polished experiences for our clients and end-users. The Engineering Team is responsible for the entire user experience including: Mobile Apps (end-user facing), Subsplash Giving, the Subsplash Dashboard CMS (client-facing), Web App, TV App, backend data feeds, analytics, SnapPages (website builder) and more. We serve thousands of clients, millions of end-users, and billions of individual app impressions.
About the Role
As a Software Development Engineer III (Client-Side), you will report to the Software Development Manager (Client-Side). In this role, you will be involved in building out new products and features, as well as maintaining existing codebases by completing bug fixes and feature requests. You will be working closely with both designers and engineers and helping to bridge the gap between the two. You will contribute to the creative process by building elegant solutions to complex problems. Unlike typical Front-End or Mobile Engineers, you will be comfortable working with both web and mobile apps. You will work well with other members of the team, in a fast-paced environment, to implement working software early and often. If youʼre interested in creating high-quality software that delights millions of people around the world—and if you can challenge and inspire others to do the same—we invite you to apply!
Top 3 Key Outcomes in Year 1
- Develop a deep understanding of our web and mobile client-side architecture and products
- Make significant contributions to help direct the growth of our internal UI component library
- Own all of the client-side aspects of a project and see it through to production
- Implement new features and fix bugs by writing scalable and maintainable code
- Maintain and build on our UI component libraries supporting web and mobile platforms
- Maintain great communication between our client-side engineers and designers to help bridge the gap between back-end implementation and visual excellence
- Be a prolific documenter ensuring your code is well documented for others to understand
- Be an Innovative leader by being creative, proposing ideas, and getting them off the ground
- Communicate complex technical requirements with clarity, and influence others technical design decisions
- Mentor others in their own skills and help build a strong team
- 7+ years of full-time experience as a Software Development Engineer in a team environment
- Advanced knowledge of web and mobile UX/UI, including experience building highly interactive and responsive cross-platform apps
- Experience with TypeScript
- Exposure to server-side technologies such as Go/PHP/Node.js, MySQL, Apache/Nginx.
- Embraces the Agile process (knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, LEAN, and SOLID is a plus)
- Able to navigate ambiguous requirements while prioritizing multiple projects, tasks, and bug fixes
- Ability to mentor others, communicate complex technical requirements with clarity and influence others’ technical design decisions
- Looks for ways to innovate in daily work while balancing the drive to deliver features quickly and maintain code quality
- Dependable, flexible, humble, teachable, disciplined, and proactive: get a lot done with limited direction
- Nice to have – experience with TV apps (Roku, AppleTV, FireTV)
- Nice to have – experience with at least one of Objective-C, Swift, Java, or Kotlin
Generous Paid Time Off, Medical Coverage, Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, short and long term disability and life insurance all free of charge, Competitive Compensation, 401k Matching, Professional Development, Top of the Line Equipment, Referral Program, Parental Leave, Family-Friendly Culture, and the chance to work side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
Note: This is a full-time, exempt position and therefore non-eligible for overtime pay. Employment with Subsplash is contingent upon satisfactory proof of employee’s right to work in the U.S., as required by law and upon completion of a basic background check and; employment with Subsplash is considered “at will,” meaning that either the company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time without cause or notice.
Subsplash is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value all human life as all people are created with equal dignity, value, and worth. We do not discriminate on the ground of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin, or genetic information in the hiring, retention, or promotion of employees; nor in determining their rank, or the compensation or fringe benefits paid them.