Do you love aquatics? Are you interested in making a positive difference in community? Our organization is looking for experienced lifeguards for all of our local branches. Join us and get a free city-wide membership.
FREE city-wide membership
Discounted Program Fees
Flexible Work Schedules
General Function: Provides a sense of control over the entire pool area, including deck areas and locker rooms. This will increase the safety of the pool for all members and their guest. The lifeguard is the first source of emergency care in the event of an accident. Time will be spent doing routine maintenance duties as assigned by the management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prevention of accidents both in the water and on the deck.
- Provide rescue and emergency assistance in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a sense of control over the entire pool area at all times.
- Enforce pool rules and justly establish disciplinary actions.
- Lock all doors prior to leaving the pool area unattended.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service training as set up by the aquatic director.
- Maintenance duties when needed. These duties include picking up litter on the deck, washing the pool deck nightly, surface skimming when needed, keeping the deck clear of all obstructions.
- Wear staff uniform and name tag when on duty and appropriate.
- Have a whistle with you at all times.
- Customer service. Be friendly and able to answer general questions.
- Work your scheduled times or find your own qualified substitute.
- Fill out accident reports for any accident no matter how minor.
- Promote an environment that supports the organizations mission and our four-core values- caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility
- The lifeguard is part of a staff team that ensures the success of the operation.
- Members will be safe and enjoy their aquatic experience.
- A well-served community that understands and values the mission and purpose of the organization.
- Maintenance of facilities that promotes safe participation and a wholesome environment.
- Competence and good judgment is demonstrated in all matters within the scope of the responsibilities assigned.