Qualified candidates with a minimum of 2 years of experience may be eligible for a sign-on incentive of up to $15,000
Previous University of Iowa Health Care nurses that have left in the past 5 years, may qualify for a sign-on incentive of up to $20,000
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Nursing is seeking a Staff Nurse to perform specific tasks to assist members of the Nursing team in providing patient care under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager.
Postpartum/Gynecology (3 JPP):
3 John Pappajohn Pavilion (3 JPP) is a 24-bed inpatient unit dedicated for women’s services. Gynecological services include: Post-surgery care of total abdominal hysterectomies, robotic hysterectomies, myomectomies, fallopian tube reanastomosis, exploratory laparotomy of pelvic masses, and repair of uterine and vaginal wall prolapses. Postpartum/newborn services include: couplet care, electronic infant security, lactation specialists, and support from Mother’s Milk Bank of Iowa.
Percent of Time: 90%
Schedule: 36 hours per week, Night Shift
Location: John Pappajohn Pavilion (JPP)
Rotations: Every third weekend, rotating holidays
Salary: $48,980.00 per year to commensurate *This does not include inpatient or shift differentialsSEIU Pay Plan: https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/seiu-pay-planBenefits Highlights:
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
- An Associate’s Degree in Nursing, a Diploma in Nursing, a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, Professional Masters of Nursing and Healthcare Practice (MNHP), MSN/Clinical Nurse Leader or a Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN, MA) is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with patients/families, nursing staff, and interdisciplinary team members as demonstrated through written and verbal interactions
- General computer skills are required
- Recent (within the last 3 years) RN experience in Mother/Baby, Pediatric,Gynecology, or Med-Surg experience, or completion of a clinical rotation within Mother/Baby, Pediatric, Gynecology, or Med-Surg
- Current license to practice nursing in Iowa is required by date of hire
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or Masters Degree in Nursing is highly desired
- If Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is not yet obtained, active enrollment in a BSN program is desirable
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures
Please attach a resume as part of the application process. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact Tiffany Perkins at email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.