Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
You will be responsible for supporting the engineering team. This includes conducting one-on-ones, ensuring sustained career growth, and stepping in with instructive pull requests or code reviews where appropriate. This role is about setting up the right organizational processes for a nimble and growing engineering team to stay that way, while staying deep enough in the code to make architectural decisions.
You will also be expected to make meaningful contributions to technical architecture discussions, striking the balance between the possible and practical. We will count on you to combine your understanding of our core business and engineering capabilities to produce realistic timelines, winning product features, and satisfied employees.
- Excellent written communications skills (necessary for remote work)
- Experience managing software engineering teams, making pragmatic tradeoff decisions between the possible and practical
- Experience coaching individual engineers to fulfill their personal career growth, day-to-day prioritizations, and highest leverage focus areas
- Ability to plan and manage a small engineering hiring pipeline against product roadmaps
- Able to follow architectural discussions for high security and distributed storage systems
- Comfortable with rapid directional changes of focus in a startup environment
- Experience building distributed storage systems at scale
- Experience with cryptographic key management
- Proficiency with functional programming paradigms
- Contributions to open source software projects and technology standards
- Full-time experience with working remotely
- Experience with Rust, C++, OCaml, or Haskell
- Experience with specification tools and model checkers such as Alloy, TLA+, or Coq
- Have worked in a high stakes industry such as cloud infrastructure, finance, healthcare, social media, and online gaming
We are passionate about cultivating a thriving culture of diverse individuals who bring unique perspectives to our mission. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.