Spreedly is a rapidly growing, growth private-equity funded digital payments company with headquarters located in downtown Durham, North Carolina. We’ve developed a high volume, global solution to support our vision that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive, payment ecosystem.
Our employees help build a culture that values independence, transparency, and collaboration in a digital-first communication environment. We hope you do your best work at Spreedly and find a mature workplace striving to support the ebb and flow of work-life harmony.
Spreedly is seeking a senior developer evangelist to join our marketing team to cultivate a community of developers to build payments solutions with Spreedly. We are investing in a senior leader to build a world class developer community. You are a developer who loves to engage peers internally and externally to tell a story with code and product. Success in this role brings added focus to our product usability, documentation, as well as a vibrant and active developer community building payment applications on Spreedly.
Three core skills that you possess are
- Development skills – you have development experience and can explain technology/APIs
- Communication skills – you have strong written and verbal communication skills to produce content for 1 to many consumption (blogs, web content, developer forums, presentations) as well as 1 to 1 when engaging directly with a customer/prospect developer
- Networking skills – you thrive on building a community and engaging with them on a regular basis (including active listening) to improve our offering (product, documentation, public content) and customer experience.
You are a person who
- believes that documentation is a product itself and the experience that a developer takes to understand a product is a path to revenue growth and a long term relationship
- is an apt teacher, enabling developers to be successful in building with Spreedly
- loves to try new technologies and empathize with all levels of developers ranging from those starting out with Spreedly as well as those building very complex payment systems
- is a skilled communicator, able to give a technical talk/presentation whether that is on stage at a conference or around a table at a developer meetup
- identify, attend, support, and speak at events, meetups, hackathons, etc. that are developer centric to spread the Spreedly message and engage the community on their needs
- produce regular content targeted to the developer community (blog, videos, social content, community content)
- support the development of programmer centric content from Spreedly by working closely with engineering, documentation, marketing and solutions engineering
- support and grow the PAYMENTSfn community and facilitate engagement amongst members
- represent the “voice of the developer” internally at Spreedly, as a key member of the go-to-market team
- 7+ years of development experience building web applications
- Proficiency in 1 or more of the following areas: server/api communications(Ruby, Python/Go, Java) and front-end development(node/react/angular) or mobile SDK work with Swift + Java. Today, we work in Ruby, Rails, and Elixir for some of our technologies at Spreedly
- Active member of the development community
- Experience building payments applications and working with Active Merchant is a bonus
- Ability to travel as needed
What we offer
- Competitive salary + Equity
- Outstanding Medical and Dental Insurance: Premiums are 100% company paid for employees and families
- Note: We offer two PPO health insurance plans: A traditional copay and a high deductible with HSA. Spreedly contributes $1,200/$2,400 per year to the HSA for those choosing the high deductible plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Optional Vision insurance and various Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Open Paid Time Off policy + 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Matching 401k plan (5% up to $5,000 yearly)
- Monthly digital lifestyle stipend ($150), new Macbook, and $200 accessory reimbursement
- $3,000 annual Professional Development stipend and free LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Flexible, remote friendly work environment
- Quarterly visits to HQ for remote employees
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we may only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.