SolarLeadFactory has helped well over 1 million homeowners looking to buy solar. We have helped hundreds of solar installers grow their businesses – and aim to help hundreds more.
Don’t be fooled by our name: we’re more than just a ‘lead-gen company’. We’re extremely passionate about what we do, and our business is built on a proprietary software platform allowing us to deliver a best in class product and innovate constantly. We have in-house developers, digital marketing experts, and data scientists relentlessly driving the product forward.
Our mission: to unlock consumer demand for solar power.
You’re looking for a way to make a huge positive difference in the world & help the companies on the front lines of the solar revolution!
You want to be part of a small but driven team making a big impact on one of the most pressing issues of our time. You share some of our core values including “Work that Matters”, “Make Learning the Key Metric”, “Always be Testing Something,” and “Master your Craft”.
In order to be successful in this position you must be extremely well organized, efficient, proactive, analytical, tech savvy, and an excellent communicator.
Do you want to learn? To grow? To make a difference?
- At least 5-years experience / leadership in an analyst capacity
- Proven ability to solve problems through analysis and running processes that execute on the solutions
- Advanced excel, google sheets skills a must
- SQL experience is highly desirable
- Desirable: experience with data visualization
- Commercial awareness around client relationships
- Solar experience is not required, but an interest in solar is
- Outstanding intellectual ability: able to process, organize, and synthesize information.
- Excellent communication skills
- Extraordinary organizational skills
- Efficient, fast-moving, doer
- Ambition to grow
- Creative thinking & problem solving, ability to find solutions, and get things done
- Tech savvy and comfortable with modern software solutions & platforms
- Ability to maintain equanimity in trying situations
- Ability to work with a team to find great solutions
- Experience in managing supply / demand dynamics in a marketplace
- Experience with pricing models, financial forecasting, economics background
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Your mission will be to serve as the ‘eyes & ears’ of our internal marketplace, looking for ways to consistently improve upon Quality, Consistency & Volume. This is a critical position that will initially include managing & optimizing existing supply/demand processes, creating or building out necessary processes and performing adhoc/exploratory analysis.
Just to make sure we’re speaking the same language, here’s a sample of potential work in each of these areas:
- Run existing processes or develop new processes to help ensure our marketplace is delivering Quality, Consistency & Volume to our partners
- Support existing team members to arrive at valuable insights and weigh alternatives
- Manage geographic targeting list through existing reports and additional analysis as needed
- Support weekly pacing analysis and help determine critical marketplace dynamics
- Work with supply team to determine most effective supply plan
- Understand media buying basics and marketing fundamentals
- Work with product team to optimize current reporting & data infrastructure
- Elevate critical insights to the product team for consideration in their roadmap
- Build rough models for exploratory new concepts when needed
Here’s How To Be A Superstar In This Role:
- You love problem solving based on a conceptual understanding of the problem and a pile of data
- You can quickly grasp mathematical concepts & like working with fast-paced business development team to help them look like geniuses to their clients
- Never fear trying new approaches and offering insights
- Be hungry and proactive in helping the company achieve its audacious goals
- Run with projects and own them until the very end; and when you hit seeming deadends make a few intelligent proposals about how to proceed
- You love getting things done and savour the power of results
Managing our marketplace is where all the transactions in the business take place. This is a real-time algorithmically powered engine that helps us help our clients succeed. Staying on top of the pulse of what is happening both by understanding the data and the subjective needs is critical. If you love making things happen from a strong data driven approach, and working in a high-growth environment, this could be the job for you.
Your initial mission is to make sure the day-to-day necessities of the marketplace are taken care of so our product operates efficiently and effectively produces the desired results for our clients. Given the time constraints and personalities involved, some of these requests to you may range from concrete to ambiguous.
Given the ‘factory’ in our name, we consider this a ‘process engineer’ type role. While some of the tasks will be well-defined and highly scripted, you will also be asked to ‘figure it out’ and write the procedures for things we have only partially completed (or things that are brand new).
Since you’re an independent and creative problem solver you aren’t intimidated by that. You never fear asking a “stupid” clarifying question. But you also don’t need step-by-step instructions and you frequently do quick research to generally educate yourself on the topic, so you can ask smarter, clarifying questions to zero in on the right approach and solution for the task at hand. When in doubt, you do not make assumptions but quickly test hypotheses and are able to articulate various potential courses of action.
You’ll need to be extremely organized and tend towards documenting your work so it’s easily reviewable or repeatable after the fact. You should enjoy executing recurring tasks with efficiency, yet take the time to find effective solutions to new problems. Most importantly, you should always be thinking about how to Eliminate, Simplify, or Automate recurring tasks.
As you grow into the role and understand the business in more depth, the door will be wide open to assume other roles and ever greater levels of responsibility. We are always looking for exceptional people to play a substantial role in the ongoing growth and operations of the business.
You will work directly with the founders and the rest of the team.
What you get out of this:
- Competitive salary
- Play a key role in a growing company (and learn how to run one)
- Results-driven organization
- Remote location – work from anywhere in a North American time zone
- Your input matters! We look for the BEST. Period.
- Work in an amazing industry. Your friends & family will say “woah, that’s cool!”
- Fast-growing, fun-loving company. Get on the rocketship now!
We are shaking up our industry and working day in and day out to get solar on everyone’s roof. Come shape your future & the future of the world.
If you’re game to make a big difference and reap the rewards, come join us!