Car Registration, Inc.
Car Registration, Inc. (CRI) provides comprehensive, online vehicle registration and titling services for consumers who desire or need a DMV alternative. Currently licensed and bonded under the California DMV’s Business Partner Automation program, CRI successfully processes over 250,000 transactions per year while reducing wait times and allowing the CA DMV to reallocate its resources to other services and administrative tasks. With CRI, customers can get same-day processing, next-day delivery, and comprehensive telephone and email support. Through its website, CRI collects fees from vehicle owners, transmits fees to the DMV in real-time, and issues registration cards and stickers to the customer via USPS or express courier.
This is a full-time remote position with a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K plan, and more. We are based in Elk Grove, CA. Though you won’t work in the office, we regularly communicate via Slack and Google Meets. Our annual holiday party is fun and inclusive and offers a great opportunity to catch up with the team in person.
Skills & Requirements
● Ability to design and implement solutions to both frontend and backend problems from a non-technical specification into a finished feature
● 3+ years professional coding with Go, PHP, Python, Ruby, or another server-side scripting language
● 3+ years professional experience with SQL database design (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, or MSSQL)
● Experience integrating RESTful and/or gRPC APIs
● Experience with DevOps practices including infrastructure as code, continuous integration, monitoring, and logging
● Comfortable developing in a Mac or Linux environment
● Familiarity with event-based functional architectures
● Familiarity with MVC or MVVM architectures
● Security-conscious best practices in any software built
● Team lead experience
● 1+ year professional coding with the Go language
● Experience with cloud-based distributed systems on providers such as AWS
● Experience with docker or container technologies
● Experience with CDNs
● Experience developing web-based business applications with complex workflows
● Database administration experience including setting up and maintaining replication servers
● Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or related discipline
If you are interested, please send your resume to Jobs@carregistration.com.
CANDIDATES only, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CRI is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
It is an objective of CRI to achieve a drug-free workplace. Any applicant for employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective.