Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10), ART (UTC -3), UTC -4, UTC -4:30, UTC -3, UTC -2, SBT (UTC +11), GMT (UTC +0), CET (UTC +1), EET (UTC +2), MSK (UTC +3)
A few of the things you’ll do with us…
- Build stuff! Know our stack well (React/Django) and make key decisions with the rest of the team.
- Help developers solve hard problems. Be available to answer questions quickly. Many of our developers are in the European time zone, so expect to have at least some overlap with these hours. That’s most important at the beginning before you feel secure running on your own.
- Provide valued and thoughtful input with our team of 5 remote engineers. Review and critique others’ work. Request that your work is reviewed and critiqued. Learn from others and help us all grow so we can do our best work.
- 2+ years of experience with React, Redux, and related
- 2+ years of experience with Python
- English fluency is not an absolute must but must be able to maintain a conversation and participate in daily standups.
- Understanding of fundamental concepts of relative databases (Postgresql in particular).
- Prior experience with Docker, Git/GitHub
- Sound experience with testing frameworks (Mocha, Enzyme, Jest, etc)
- Experience with Py.test
- Experience with Django (or another popular Python framework)