- Works independently under general supervision and in accordance with the established policies and procedures, schedules all procedures / bookings for one or several campuses and with other healthcare institutions throughout Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Generates and creates schedules and reports for multiple departments and campuses. May be required to obtain insurance precertification and/or authorization from multiple insurance carriers. May be required to perform other job functions within the department as needed.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High School diploma or GED preferred. Completion of medical terminology course or evidence of strong background in medical terminology from previous work experience.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: Knowledge of specific department (OR, Radiology, Radiation Therapy) practices and procedures usually acquired through two years of previous related experience.
- Knowledge of business English, spelling grammar and punctuation.
- Completion of medical terminology course or evidence of strong background in medical terminology from previous work experience.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties.
- Independent worker with strong problem solving skills. Ability to multi task.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to handle customer service issues in a courteous, tactful manner.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft windows applications. Familiarity with other applications preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, physicians, co-workers and other hospital and physicians’ office personnel.
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine’s largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.