Responsible for a wide variety of resident care related duties, including routine assessments and supervising patient care performed by CNAs. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Documentation of admission of resident, physical assessment, monthly summaries, variance reports, and pertinent resident information.
- Notation and transcription of physician orders, establishing verbal contact with physician for medical emergencies
- Recognizes and provides appropriate nursing intervention in emergency situations.
- Accurately prepares and administers prescribed medications according to hospital procedure.
- Completes appropriate documentation in the patient’s chart and in the care plan.
- Visually assesses and provides patient safety, according to identified needs.
- Operates special equipment correctly, after receiving instruction, and returning demonstration.
- Delivers and documents patient teaching and verifies that the patient and/or significant other person is receptive and understands the information.
- Follows proper hand hygiene guidelines.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
Regular, full time nights position with hours on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:00pm – 6:00am.
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing for Licensed Practical Nurses/Registered Nurses
- Current Iowa nursing license
- BCLS certified within 60 days of hire
- Mandatory Reporter completed within 90 days of hire
Benefits: In addition to Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Group Accident & Critical Illness insurance, and disability coverage, Story Medical also offers the following benefits to it’s employees:
- Up to $2,000 in Professional Development Assistance
- Free access to Story Medical’s onsite wellness center
- Generous PTO Accrual Plan
- Iowa Public Employee Retirement System (IPERS)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Family–Like Environment!
Story County Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment, post-offer physical and drug screen required.