- Status: Remote work eligible for experience applicants
- The overall purpose and function of the job is to complete specific assigned responsibilities as it relates to cost reporting, month-end contractuals and third party receivables. The position is responsible for supporting and assuring accurate preparation and reconciliation of third party payer logs, physician time studies, graduate medical education data and all related industry surveys. Furthermore, the position will assist in the completion of month-end accounts receivable analysis and yearly contractual allowance budgeting. Along with the Director and Manager, this position contributes to the accurate yearly filing of Medicare and Medicaid cost reports as well as the monthly reporting of net patient service revenues.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent years of relevant experience.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: See “Education.” One to three years’ experience in accounting, finance or hospital patient finance and the analysis of accounting reports. New graduates considered.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to complete work timely to meet daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly deadlines.
- Analytical skills to collect pertinent information necessary to evaluate complex problems, formulate sound solutions and implement those solutions.
- Working knowledge of personal computers as well as information systems capabilities, procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of accounting and reimbursement principles normally acquired through completion of a degree program in Accounting, Finance or through past hospital work experience.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with clearly defined objectives.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with both internal and external personnel in multiple disciplines, on a variety of complex issues.
MaineHealth is a health system whose members and affiliates include hospitals, physician practices, long-term care facilities, home care agencies, and support services. Learn more about this system at www.mainehealth.org