Rankbreeze is a startup that helps vacation rental managers (Airbnb hosts) achieve higher revenues & bookings through our software tools & services. We help them get better rankings on distribution sites (like Airbnb), optimize their nightly prices, and enhance their investment decisions with easily digestible market data.
We’re a remote-first company with a strong focus on product-led growth and long-term thinking.
Your Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years experience developing web applications
- Upper-intermediate to fluent English with great communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and testing frameworks (RSpec & Cucumber)
- Experience scaling high-load applications
- Experience with reliably integrating with external APIs
- Experience with pure Ruby applications
- Experience with SQL schema design and query optimization
- Extremely detail-oriented
Our Primary Technologies
- A web application built with Ruby on Rails & Stimulus
- A chrome extension built with React JS
- Hosted on Google Cloud Platform
- Other technologies: Redis, Sidekiq
Your Work & Responsibilities
- Implementing new features for the Rails web application with reusable and maintainable code
- Implementing new features for the React chrome extension, with reusable and maintainable code
- Investigating slow performance and optimizing queries to ensure Rankbreeze is snappy and satisfying to use
- Writing tests to thoroughly validate the correctness of your code
- Interfacing directly with users to quickly squash bugs as part of regular customer support
- Updating documentation as we refine and iterate on features that take continuous shape
- You’ll need to have 3 consistent working hours overlapping with Mountain Standard Time (Between 7 AM to 5 PM MST)
- Daily video standups with the CEO & other engineering team members
Why Work With Us?
- You can work fully remote, from anywhere in the world! As long as we have at least 3 consistent overlapping working hours with Mountain Standard Time (7 AM to 5 PM MST)
- 10 paid days off for public holidays in your own country, or for Canadian public holidays
- A fun, stimulating and hard-working startup environment
Compensation & Working Hours
- Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day
- $2,500 – $3,500 USD per month, negotiable based on experience
The Application Process
- Fill out this application form & keep in mind these important notes:
- Include the word “Apple” in your answer to question #8. This helps us understand how detail-oriented you might be.
- Be sure to include a video in your application as well. We’re a remote company so asynchronous communication is important for us to work well together.
- Next, we’d like to work with you on a technical test.
- After that, we’ll proceed to another interview and final test.
- Once we’ve reached the end, we’re hoping that both you and us will have a definitive idea for how well we’ll work together and we will make the contract offer here.
Thank you for your time and we look forward to meeting you!