Raisely powers online fundraising for ambitious charities across the world. We’re a mission-driven remote team, spread across 6 countries and 11 cities.
We’re growing rapidly, but we’re not just any high-growth startup. Here you’ll have the flexibility of working from wherever you’re happy, supported by a passionate, talented team. You’ll use your skills to help charities of all sizes raise money to fund their important work, all while building a well-balanced company that puts values first.
If you’re excited about the challenge of a high-growth startup, and want your work to have a huge impact on the world, then we hope you’ll consider working with us.
A bit about us:
We’re Raisely! We help charities raise money online. Our platform helps charities build fundraising campaigns, run donation appeals, and nurture their supporters. We make it easy to get started and scale-up, without needing technical help.
We started Raisely because charities have been underserved by technology for too long. We set out to change that, and so far we’ve helped raise over $150m.
We’re a team of 20-turning-40 as we rapidly grow our company (and impact). With your help, we’re hoping to raise $1bn in the next few years and rapidly scale out, supporting charities small and large in countries across the world.
Oh and one more thing. We walk this impact talk. We’re a proud B-corp, and purpose is baked into our constitution. We’re carbon neutral, and we’re starting our anti-racism journey to ensure we’re actively undoing centuries of systemic racism.
A bit about the role:
We’re after a Customer Success Engineer
to join our support team. We’re looking for someone who can guide our customers through our platform, using their technical savvy to help campaigns on Raisely succeed.
On any one day you might be taking a customer through how they can build React custom components, to advising them on how to make the most of our RESTful API, to analysing logs in Google Cloud Platform to understand the cause of a particular error.
You are tech savvy, you understand all of this technology, but you are also comfortable speaking with customers and simplifying the complexities of Raisely to them. You will work through our customer support channels, work closely with our product engineers, write documentation for our support hub and build personal relationships with each organisation using our product.
This is a full-time, permanent role. Raisely is a 100% remote company.
Role: Permanent, full-time (38hrs/week)
Location: Remote (we’ll help you set up your home office!)
Timezone: We’d like at least 3 hours crossover with Australian east-coast business hours (9am – 5pm AEST). No midnight shifts though.
If you worked here over the past few months, you might have:
- Provided technical support, debugged issues (including DNS records), made HTML/CSS edits, and handled complex or custom uses of our products.
- Found a bug hidden in the Raisely codebase that a customer wrote about. Wrote the issue up for the engineering team (or even coded up a fix yourself – if you’re game!)
- Advised customers on how Raisely meets their technical requirements, including data handling and integrations.
- Worked with our product engineers to make Raisely easier to use and build on
- Communicated with customers over email, phone screencasts, and video calls
- Participated in our week-long virtual retreat, where you learnt how sneaky your teammates can be in Among Us!
- Been a vocal advocate for our customers – bringing their feedback right into our product direction
- Strategise and make data-driven decisions to make our products better and our customers love them more – everything from our onboarding through to ongoing check-ins
- Written technical support docs, making the complex simple for Raisely users
Improved anything. Your job description doesn’t end with these bullet points.
- A go-getter – You thrive on finding problems and can’t rest until you solve them. You welcome an environment where you can learn and work independently.
- A superb communicator – written and verbal. You’re fluent in English with an engaging, conversational, and disarming tone.
- Patient and resilient – motivated by helping people and comfortable dealing with new and challenging situations.
- You are not comfortable with the status quo – You’re not in this for a quick dollar; you think the world needs to be better and that technology will get us there.
We hope you’re excited by our unique product offering, our team and what we’re trying to achieve. But, to sweeten the deal, we offer these great benefits:
? Salary – We try to pay above-average salaries anchored to similar jobs in Sydney, Australia. We’re open to a wide range of experience for this role, and we’d offer AU$82,500 a year based on experience (including super for Australian employees).
? Healthcare – We will contribute up to US$3000 towards health insurance if you live somewhere without a public health system.
? Ownership – We are focussed on building Raisely as a team, so we’ll offer you the chance to be a part-owner of the company with our Employee Share Scheme
? Technology – We’ll get you a laptop and screen when you start, plus help you set up your home office.
✈️ Retreats – Every 6-ish months we fly you somewhere pretty for our team retreats. (Once we’re able to safely again)
? Annual Leave – Everyone gets 4 weeks paid leave plus 11 days of public holidays, to be taken when you like. Plus, you are entitled to generous paid sick leave.
? Work remotely – We’re a remote-first company – live and work wherever you’re happiest. We’ll cover a co-working space if you’d like to work there.
⏰ Flexibility – Adjust your hours as you need, within the window set above.
? Training – We’ll support you with time when you want to learn new skills or pay for conference or course tickets.
How to apply:
You’ve got this far! We really want to hear from you. To apply, email email@example.com
with your CV and cover letter. Use the subject line “Customer Success Engineer”.
In your cover letter, include short answers to the following:
- What made you apply for this role at Raisely?
- Take us through your technical experience. What are you comfortable with, and what are you learning right now?
- When a customer is experiencing a complex technical problem, what do you believe you can do to provide incredible support?
We know with diversity comes strength. We want Raisely to be a team of many cultures, nationalities, sexualities, gender identities, religious beliefs, abilities, and ideas. We particularly encourage Indigenous people, First Nations, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with disability, or people without the economic advantage of higher education, to apply for our roles.
Applications are open on a rolling basis, until we find the right person.