We pride ourselves on building a quality product that empowers its users to make the world a better place!
As a Backend Software Engineer, you’ll take business requirements and leverage Voice of Customer to help us build a world-class user experience. Collaborating with other members of the Product Team, you’ll gather requirements and implement the back-end infrastructure of new features and updates to our existing platform. When bugs in the system pop up, you’re able to dig in, debug the issue, and find a resolution that solves the root cause – and doesn’t create new ones! Whether it’s overcoming a technical hurdle or finding a solution that helps users, your passion for solving problems will help you be successful in this role.
Do you obsess over every detail? Take pride in turning ambiguous requirements into real jobs to be done? We are looking for someone who is all about solving the right problem.
Love working with and building APIs? Interested in connecting completely different pieces of software together in a performant and scalable way? You’ll be building RESTful endpoints for React and integrating with third party services!
Understand that giving users access to their data in a reportable, meaningful way is extremely important? You’ll be helping us in developing our next wave of client reports and dashboards giving users data that tells a story, while helping keep existing functionality running smoothly! On the technical side, your experience in the following will also be necessary:
- 2 – 3 years of back-end development experience
- Object-Oriented Programming (in PHP is a plus!)
- Familiarity with how to write performant database queries (in MySQL is a plus!)
- Familiarity with how to guard against common web application security vulnerabilities
- Creating & Consuming APIs (SOAP, REST, etc)
- Version Control (Github is a plus!)
Your experience with the following will help you stand out:
- Unit Testing & TDD
- Integrating with 3rd party services – Salesforce & MailChimp to name a few
- Architecting solutions based on requirements & making sound technical decisions without guidance
- Writing quality code that is easy to understand and scales well (with strong opinions on why it’s important)
- Developing database structures optimized for performance and scalability
- Building “right-sized” solutions that balance current limitations to meet business needs
- Continuously looking for ways to improve technical abilities and platform infrastructure
- Deeply understanding how technical decisions may affect other teams/product
- Mentoring other engineers and passionately sharing ideas about your craft
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company building products that help nonprofits fundraise more effectively so they can change the world
- Competitive pay
- Health, vision, dental insurance, fitness plan reimbursement, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- A flexible paid time-off policy and paid holidays
- Paid volunteer time off so you can make good things happen in your community
- 3 weeks paid parental leave (after 12 months of employment)
- Time off to vote
- The hardware you need to get the job done!
- We value our employees’ health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Lots of Qgiv gear to add to your wardrobe (we have some of the softest shirts around)!
Who are we?
Qgiv is a fast-growing technology company with a history of delivering innovative solutions that empower nonprofit organizations and their fundraising programs. Qgivers are active learners and collaborators, motivated by the work our customers do and the impact they’re making on the world.
We’re guided by our core values: empathy, introspection, honesty + integrity, persistence, openness, respect, and passion. We work hard to meet deadlines and goals, but we also take time to celebrate and have fun! When we’re in the office (darn you, COVID!), we enjoy game nights, potlucks, costume and office decorating competitions, a monthly birthday cake, and more free snacks and beverages than should be allowed. While remote, we stay connected through video and Slack, weekly coffee talks, and virtual Town Hall meetings.
By joining the team, you’ll have the support and encouragement to do remarkable things every day. We face challenges together and we win together. And together, we deliver world-class solutions that transform the way our nonprofit customers fundraise so that they can have a greater impact on the world around us.
Qgiv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our products and services benefit from diverse backgrounds and experiences. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, pregnancy, medical conditions, veteran status, physical [dis]ability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.