We are looking for collaborative developers who are experts at designing, explaining and implementing complex systems with minimal help or intervention. You’ll be an integral part of guiding our efforts towards improving and enhancing our product. You will be a senior member of our team working to rapidly expand and scale our growing business.
You are someone who can be given complex problems, develop a solution, propose and communicate your solution to the team, and implement it.
As a member of the development team, you’ll be responsible for building technology solutions that contribute to the individual user experience across the global Proximity Network of coworking and flexible spaces. You must be committed to putting our users first.
In your first weeks, you will hit the ground running as you learn and familiarize yourself with the challenges facing our team. You’ll have an immediate impact on our current efforts to rapidly implement new features for our software. You won’t be given a to-do list, but rather, you’ll be given challenges that require you to develop the best possible solutions.
As your position continues, you will be responsible for one or more aspects of the platform and provide proactive input into where to go next. You will have the opportunity to provide mentorship and help the team grow by bringing your point of view to code reviews and other collaborations.
- You must be an expert at designing, explaining and implementing complex systems with minimal help or intervention. You also need to be able to implement solutions using our internal best practices and standards.
- You must be able to write clean, logical code very quickly.
- You will be responsible to translate wireframes, prototypes and sometimes sketches into working products, true to the design and our branding guidelines. You need to have an eye for detail and a desire for perfection.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral. Also, we’re looking for highly motivated self starters. We have no desire to micromanage. Nor should you want to micromanage those under you should you rise to the leadership of a team.
- Experience developing responsive web apps is critical.
- Knowledge of system architecture and experience building large, complex systems is a major plus.
- Experience with libraries like D3, Fabric, and similar is ideal. We also prefer experience working with the HTML Canvas APIs.
- Experience with ObjC/Swift/Kotlin/Java for Android is a plus.
- It helps if you understand MySQL databases, queries, indexes and designs.
- Experience with PHP and Laravel is helpful.
A competitive salary and opportunities to grow and advance. Range $125,000-$175,000
Generous vacation and personal days (14 days plus 9 paid holidays) and volunteer time off (20 hours/year)
Health, Vision and Dental insurance with premiums for you and your family fully paid by the company
Full membership at a coworking space in the Proximity Network.
A fun and inclusive atmosphere with cool people who want to make the world better.
Flexibility. We’re more concerned that you’re working hard, meeting expectations and reliable than the schedule that you keep. Some positions may be more rigid than others, but there is usually a solution that works for everyone.
Some perks listed here are more applicable in non-COVID times, but we hope to return to normal soon.
We prefer working in person, but sometimes being home or even on the road can be more productive. You don’t always have to be “in the office.”
In general the dress code is just be you. From time to time even we startup-types have to fancy it up a little though.
Company outings and get-togethers happen whenever possible, and we’re pretty sure ours are less awkward than Dunder Mifflin Parties.
There’s often new swag floating around and you can usually snag some.
The coffee is always flowing. We are a coworking company, after all.
If your dog is cool, well-behaved and likes others, you can probably bring them to work.
Freedom to innovate and bring your ideas to the table. Good decisions are not just top-down. We want diversity of opinion, and in fact, we expect it.
Whether you’re single or have a family, your life outside of Proximity is important to us. We all make sacrifices and pull long hours at times, but work-life balance is part of our culture.
Relocation assistance may be available. Remote available.
Proximity is the workspace management platform that connects people and places. Hundreds of coworking and flexible workspace operators use Proximity to manage memberships, reservations, billing, digital door access, Wi-Fi control and events. Workspace locations in the Proximity Network are searchable and accessible to remote companies, distributed teams, entrepreneurs and small businesses around the world.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion:
We deeply value creating a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.