Pilot (YC W17) is looking for an Operations Specialist – Employment to join a small team working to create a more open job market.
A bit about who we are:
We are Pilot, a Y Combinator-backed startup with a fully distributed team working remotely. Our mission is to create a more open, worldwide job market. Today, we’re doing that by helping companies hire and pay remote international staff.
Our customers embrace remote staffing as a way to scale their operations, hire remote contractors, and who need help with the complexities of compliance & international payroll.
What you will be working on:
You’ll be our first Client Onboarding Specialist working closely with our Client Success and Business Services teams.
While our customers can manage most everything from the Pilot Platform, they still need help getting their employees set up, guidance around local employment laws, standards, payroll, and taxes. All those things vary between countries, and your job will be to help customers navigate it.
You don’t need to know how to issue a visa in Brazil, or how the contract termination works in France. You’ll work with experts to help you with those details. Your job is to help our customers easily onboard to our Platform and help them navigate the international employment waters.
You’d also work with our customers during the onboarding phase, to make sure they start getting the value from using our product in their first month.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills. You’ll be working with a distributed team and owning our client onboarding relationship, so first-class, high touch communication is a must
- You are able to listen to customer’s needs and be comfortable advising them based on the knowledge you acquired from local experts
- You’re comfortable with audio and video calls
- You have the ability to self organize your work and handle multiple projects at once. At every single moment, you’ll be working with multiple clients. We have working processes, but you’ll have the freedom to modify them and use whatever works for you and delivers a great experience for our customers
- You can work with customers in both East and West coast timezones
We’d especially like to talk to you if:
- You have domain knowledge about staffing, hiring, payroll
- You have experience doing product demos
- Annual salary from $35,000 to $40,700 and up to 0.05% of equity.
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world. We try to hold all most of our team meetings between 7am–9am PST / 3pm–5pm BST / 11pm–1am JST to accommodate as many time zones as possible.