Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
Petabloc Cloud Consulting is currently hiring multiple positions for mid to senior level Platform Engineers (DevOps). Please email me directly at email@example.com with your resume and cover letter and mention you saw our posting on We Work Remotely!
$100k to $170k USD depending on experience.
Who we are
Cloud and DevOps consulting services from business-minded experts. Founded by skilled industry veterans, Petabloc’s founders bring a combined 35 years of solid business acumen, progressive technology leadership & continuous innovation to every project. Our bench is made of top engineering talent who consistently deliver cloud technology of the highest standards. We view ourselves as developers for developers producing IaaS, PaaS and delivery pipelines that remove the worry from companies about where their infrastructure exists and lets them focus on producing software. Clients & industries include: enterprise financial, fin-tech, medical, public sector, analytics & reporting, data services, Silicon Valley startups.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for Platform Engineers (DevOps) to join our quickly growing team — people with the technical ability and experience to hit the ground running on various client-facing projects. We are currently open to mid to senior level applicants who meet the requirements.
- Architect solutions to be deployed into AWS
- Build and maintain CI/CD solutions for both application and infrastructure delivery
- Utilize Terraform to ensure state is consistent
- Define and establish security guidelines
- Ensure systems are operational
- Work with developers to improve their experience publishing changes
- Ensure alerting and support requirements are met
- Work with project managers to ensure business and development needs are met
Hard Skills (Required)
- At least 2 or more years of professional experience working on Linux operating systems.
- At least 2 or more years of professional experience working with AWS.
- At least 2 or more years of professional experience utilizing Terraform to produce infrastructure.
- At least 2 or more years of professional experience with orchestration platforms including: EKS, ECS.
- Ability to script in Python and Bash.
Hard Skills (Preferred)
- Professional experience working on Windows operating systems.
- Professional experience with Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Ansible, Kubernetes, CloudFormation, SaltStack or other DevOps toolsets.
- Experience working with Jenkins, Teamcity Builder, CircleCi, Travis or other build toolsets.
- Experience with large scale clustering and multi node deployments.
- Experience with Helm.
- Solid foundational understanding of core concepts of networking and computing.
The ideal candidates should be eager to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment servicing multiple end clients, and must be comfortable with the independence and accountability required when working for a remote company. A positive attitude, the confidence to self-manage, and excellent technical capabilities are essential. All our technical positions are client-facing to varying degrees, so great communication skills are crucial.
Why work with us?
We offer competitive salaries and the following benefits:
- 100% remote (US only right now), will always be remote.
- 20 days paid vacation, 3 paid floating holidays, multiple paid federal holidays, paid sick leave, paid personal leave.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance (2 options, Platinum/Silver), 75% premiums paid by us for employees and dependents.
- 401k through Guideline with 100% matching on the first 4% of your salary.
- Additional training and certificates encouraged and paid for by us.
- Opportunity for career progression and growth with the company and input in shaping the culture and structure.
What’s the process?
100% remote hiring and onboarding, usually 2-3 weeks between phone screen & offer:
- Phone screen (10-20 mins)
- Technical interview (1hr) (no whiteboard coding)
- Panel interview, 1-2 rounds (1-2hrs)