Qualified candidates with a minimum of 2 years of experience may be eligible for a sign-on incentive of up to $15,000.
Previous University of Iowa Health Care nurses that have left in the past 5 years, may qualify for a sign-on incentive of up to $20,000.
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics department of Ambulatory Surgery Center is seeking an OR Staff Nurse for the EYE TEAM to work in the ASC, SFCH and MOR. This position is 100%, scheduled Monday through Friday, 10 hours shifts, with rotating call overnight, weekends and holidays. This position is eligible for inpatient and EYE Team hourly incentive pay. Access the nursing care needs of the Ophthalmic Surgical Patient, plan and provide Intra-Op care based on needs, evaluate effectiveness of care provided and teach the patient and caregivers as appropriate.
Percent of Time: 100%
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 10 hours shifts scheduled 6:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. plus extension of shift call, and call overnight, weekends and holidays.
Locations: Cases scheduled in ASC, SFCH and MOR operating rooms at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
Salary: $54,422.00 to commensurate
Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- An Associate’s degree in Nursing, Diploma in Nursing, Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, or Master’s degree in Nursing (MNHP or MSN) is required.
- Current license to practice nursing in the State of Iowa is required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrates customer service and service recovery is required.
- Current ACLS certification or completion within 3 months of employment is required.
- Recent Intra-Operative experience and/or recent (in the last 12 months) internship in an Intra-Operative area is desired.
- Recent ophthalmic surgery experience desired.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing or Master’s degree in Nursing is highly desired.
- If Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is not yet obtained, active enrollment in BSN program is desirable.
- CNOR certification desired
Application Process: In order to be considered, applicants must upload Cover Letter and Resume (under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on December 16, 2021.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal and credential background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.