Nathan James is looking for a Performance Marketing Manager to manage, optimize and grow all paid media and customer acquisition initiatives across B2B and DTC channels in support of our mission
. The Performance Marketing Manager will report to the Head of DTC Sales and this person will be responsible for leading and growing an existing team of PPC Specialists and digital marketers. This person will be a significant player in helping us achieve 4x growth over the next 4 years – crossing $200M in annual sales.
People-first company, design-first home.
We are a design-first, home furnishing company focusing on the habits of urban dwellers and first time home buyers. We pride ourselves on delivering the best-in-class customer happiness, providing the highest possible quality products that are affordable for the majority and assembly that isn’t dreadful.
As a people-first company, we understood from day one the importance of being fully distributed. We are consistently working to eliminate unnecessary friction at work, most importantly preserving the human experience. We don’t believe that people should have to change who they are nor waver their values in order to have a career.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role comes at a very exciting time for Nathan James. We’re only in our fourth year of business and we’ll be surpassing $50M in sales – entirely wholesale through four eCommerce retailers. Now, we are making significant investments to drive rapid growth in the DTC channel and the Performance Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing that investment and driving profitable, customer acquisition and growth strategies across both sales channels.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Lead and execute acquisition and growth strategies across all paid digital channels, including FB/IG, Pinterest, Houzz, YouTube, search and display
- Audit search and display paid campaigns on Retailer platforms, like Amazon, Wayfair, Target, Walmart and Home Depot
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor and report on A/B and multivariate tests for sales funnels and landers that optimize conversion rates, AOV, RoAS and CPA of new customer acquisition campaigns
- Execute and continuously test to improve strategies for audience segmentation, structure and scaling of Facebook and Instagram campaigns that maximize CTR, CPA and conversion rate through our Shopify PLUS store and funnel pages
- Measure and report on performance of media buying campaigns while ensuring spend is driving incremental, profitable sales within the context of our total marketing budget and company objectives
- Hire, develop and grow the performance marketing team into a world-class organization of paid-media superstars capable of driving rapid growth in the DTC and B2B channels
- Recommend, implement, measure, analyze and optimize A/B split testing for ad copy and landing pages to ensure optimal campaign performance
This role will help us by:
- Identifying unique earned and paid media outreach opportunities that expose and extend our brand and product portfolio to key customer demographic groups
- Continuously monitoring, staying on top of and sharing best practices and high impact changes to the digital media industry and particularly paid social platforms that pose opportunities and challenges
We have achieved remarkable growth in our four short years, and we’ve done it with minimal attention paid to our own website sales. Now that our products are in over 450,000 homes we have decided this is the time to start investing in our own direct channel and the Performance Marketing Manager is a critical part of that.
We understand, now more than ever, that time is infinite. That’s why with everything we work toward, we try to solve for happiness. Happiness means a lot of different things to different people, so we put in the work that goes into building an inclusive and supportive place for you to do the best work of your career. Our values and our benefits are designed to support a healthy relationship with your work. Our operating values
provide the framework we use in building a happy and resilient organization.
We also understand working for Nathan James isn’t the main function of your life, and we don’t expect that! We’ve found that a team member who will be happy and fulfilled as a remote team member at Nathan James is someone who values their personal life and identity outside of work.
That’s why we don’t create mandatory team hangouts or events. We focus on how to improve collaboration, not forcing engagement.
We collaborate best when we listen and learn from each other. We become stronger when we advocate new perspectives and viewpoints. This gives us all the chance to amplify our voices to achieve our goals. We focus on what we’re solving for, so we don’t create barriers or expectations that distract us from our mission. We also don’t set unreasonable working hours, deadlines, or goals. We create with calm, “slow is smooth and smooth is fast”.
When you join the Nathan James team, you can expect a thorough, but mindful onboarding process with ramp-up time to learn. You can expect to give and provide direct feedback. You can expect minimal meetings. You can expect to work with smart and good people. You can expect to be counted on. Most importantly, you can expect to do the best work of your career here.
Since the primary focus of this role is on paid DTC channels, you’re already an expert in designing, implementing, optimizing and scaling profitable, new customer acquisition campaigns through Instagram and Facebook. You know the ins and outs of paid social advertising and you’re a seasoned expert in FB / IG media buying, because you’ve done it for years, within an agency environment or you were in-house with a DTC digitally native, eCommerce brand or both.
You will have a growth mindset and think like an owner. You are analytical, resourceful, and demonstrate a thorough understanding of key performance metrics across various channels and how that flows through to revenue and profitability.
You are an effective decision maker and a natural leader. You know how to make a case and explain the why behind your decisions. Turning data into insights is a strength of yours. You know how to get the best out of those on a team you lead.
You are proactive in your process and learn quickly, leveraging both software and documentation. You innately work on self improvement.
You may have a degree or you might not, that’s not what we’re looking for. We care about what you can do and how you do it.
On a granular level we’re looking for:
- 5+ years running paid, eCommerce-based Facebook campaigns
- 3+ years running paid Instagram campaigns
- 7+ years in paid media buying / digital marketing
- Full funnel growth experience with an emphasis on paid acquisition in your current role
- 1+ years experience in a Team Lead or Supervisor role overseeing other media buyers
For this role we do require that your normal workday has at least 4 hours overlap with the Montreal workday (currently UTC-5) without impinging on your personal/family life. Our salaries are competitive for similar roles based in the country you will be working from.
This is a remote role, since we are a remote company. With the freedom and flexibility of a remote role comes the luxury to work in whichever manner helps you perform your best! However, this ideal is best coupled with an individual who has a keen ability to self regulate and self manage.
Our team works from home offices, co-working spaces, and coffee shops. You’ll find us in places that foster effective writing, self-discipline, and comfort with open communication.
If everything you’ve read so far is exciting you on a weird level, then you are the type of person who will thrive at Nathan James!
BENEFITS & PERKS
aim to support a life well lived, both at and away from work.
With these benefits, we want and expect you to take vacations, spend time with your family, be conscious of your wellness, invest in broadening your education, and strengthen your personal happiness.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit an application here
that speaks directly to this position. There are no right answers or cookie-cutter expectations. A cover letter is not required, but those that clearly demonstrate how Nathan James would be a great fit for you and how you would be a great fit for us will be given full attention and are highly appreciated.
You’ll hear from us about advancement to a video screen and then on to a work sample, where you’ll get a chance to see the types of challenges you would be solving in this role. Our interviews are all remote by Whereby video chat (no software needed), with your future colleagues, on your schedule.
We aim to make an offer and have this person start by August.
We appreciate your consideration in having Nathan James be part of your career.
Our open conversation starts with this post. We look forward to hearing from you.
Check us out on LinkedIn here