Are you an experienced audio storyteller who wants the freedom and flexibility to do your best work wherever and whenever you want? We’re hiring a senior producer to work with us on some of our top client projects and we’d love to hear from you.
Make amazing podcasts with brands, remotely.
Lower Street is a fast-growing agency that partners with B2B brands to make podcasts that delight, inspire and educate.
Our focus is on narrative storytelling and creating the absolute favourite podcast of a small group of people rather than a show liked by many.
Things are moving quickly, and we’re looking to add to our production team to meet the demand. This is a creative role (from research and writing through to sound design and mixing) that also requires project management and contact with clients. As well as being a great producer, you will be comfortable managing client accounts and working with the team to meet deadlines.
Ideally the successful candidate will start with us at the beginning of August, but if your notice period takes you beyond that and you’re just who we need, we can make it work.
- Researching often technical subjects and developing ideas for episodes and series
- Booking and managing guests, writing interview questions and scripts
- Running interview recordings, coordinating audio files, session files, scripts and documents
- Editing tape, bringing episodes together
- Sound designing and mixing
- Writing show notes, blog posts, and the odd bit of social content
- Working closely with clients from pre-production to publication, understanding their values and goals, and producing stories that meet those
- 2-5 years’ experience producing podcasts or radio
- Extensive experience working with clients (preferably corporate clients)
- Amazing audio editing and sound design skills (ideally in Pro Tools)
- A technical ability and creative confidence running high-quality remote recording sessions
- An organised and systematic approach to work and great client communication skills
- Nice to have: experience with Descript
A bit about Lower Street
We doubled last year – in output and team size – and are continuing to grow each month. We’re a global team of 10 so far, with people in the UK, US, South Africa, Italy, Israel, and the Philippines. So we don’t mind where you’re based, as long as you have a good crossover with UK working hours (and ideally Eastern US timezones, too).
Lower Street is a young company and still small, so there’s not a lot of hand-holding or micromanaging that goes on. There is plenty of support from other producers and managers, but everyone is responsible for the projects they’re asigned and trusted to do what they do best.
Our size also means there’s lots of opportunity to raise your hand and get involved in projects and initiatives within the company and make an impact on our trajectory. Passionate self-starters are the types of people that thrive here.
We’d love you to join our podcast pirate ship as we continue to strive to make the very best branded shows.
How to apply
Sound like a fit? We want to hear from you.
Please fill out this application form and we’ll be in touch
Applications close on the 8th July 2021.