- Help us maximize our uptime, reliability, performance, and security.
- Work with us to implement projects that range from backend to frontend and everything in between.
- Help us maintain and improve our codebase.
- Contribute to the growth and success of the best literary resource on the web.
- A high level of competency with Ruby, Rails, Postgres, Rspec, Capybara, React, jQuery, SCSS, and Haml.
- Experience with Git, Webpack, Heroku, and AWS.
- Experience building responsive frontends with a focus on cross-browser compatibility and accessibility.
- Ability to work remotely as part of a small team as well as take ownership of projects with minimal oversight.
- A desire to continuously improve our stack and your own skill set.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to ask questions and receive feedback.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Healthcare coverage
- 401k with matching
- Working remotely
- Flexible work schedule
- Yearly team meet ups (pandemic contingent, of course)
- Learning and professional development resources
- Your resume or LinkedIn profile
- Your public GitHub profile and/or a link to a recent project you’re excited about
- A brief explanation of the biggest opportunity for improvement–from a technical standpoint–that you see on our website
We look forward to hearing from you!
LitCharts, a Course Hero company, is working to make literature more accessible to readers at every level. More than 50 million students, teachers, parents, and general-interest readers turn to LitCharts to get everything they need for everything they read! In creating LitCharts, the co-founders tapped into their experience as the original editors of SparkNotes to take a totally new approach to analyzing and explaining literature. Using side-by-side summaries, theme analysis, and interactive data visualizations, LitCharts helps teachers teach literature and helps students learn it.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LitCharts is an equal opportunity employer. As a company, we value diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds, including those from underrepresented groups, to apply. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or ability status.