An exciting opportunity to join Kyero as Frontend Developer playing a key role in Kyero’s ambitious growth plans
Title: Junior Frontend Developer
Terms: Full Time / Flexible working
Location: Fully Remote (time zones UTC-1 to UTC+2)
We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic frontend developer with a keen focus on quality and performance to help us improve a class leading website where the customer experience is paramount.
You will join a group of experienced developers at Kyero.com who are constantly pushing themselves to greater heights and redefining what is possible from a small team of passionate individuals.
They share some lofty business goals that will be achieved through well-defined processes and automation but most significantly, through creativity and remarkable performances from a highly collaborative team.
This is a fully remote role where you’ll totally enjoy the virtual yet close communication & connection you’ll have with not just the development team, but also marketing and sales.
We believe that happiness and productivity form a virtuous feedback loop that can be optimised for the benefit of all. We do this continuously and enthusiastically!
Read on for our story & what we’re hoping you can bring. If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you!
Kyero helps people from all over the world to find their sunshine. We make it easier for international property buyers to achieve their dreams.
Many of us have moved countries so we know the joy of finding the place you want to call home. We also know the highs and lows involved in making that happen. Our founders, Louise and Martin, started Kyero based on the lessons they learned when they bought land in their favourite part of Spain. They harnessed what they learnt to create a company dedicated to helping people move from dreaming about sunshine to living in it.
We are an international team of 30 fully remote people located across 7 countries, combining Marketing, Sales, Customer Services, Design, Development, Data, Finance & Admin. All of whom are truly passionate about the vision and purpose of the business.
The team brings exceptional knowledge of the market and a complete focus on the buyer. With a culture of trust and inclusion, we are firm believers in the power of data, the principles of test & learn & the importance of promises & proof points.
Our response to the Covid crisis was to protect our team and control costs whilst rapidly evolving our proposition to test new commercial models, evolve the buyer experience and explore new ways of working. We begin 2021 with added strength. Within the last 12 months alone we have launched new branding, introduced a Freemium commercial model, established a marketing team & new partnerships for Data, SEO & CX, whilst firmly establishing ourselves within three new international markets.
And we’re only just getting started …with a clear vision, strong leadership and expertise across the team, we’re more ambitious than ever and have the perfect recipe for continued growth!
We help people find their sunshine. For some, that’s a home in the sun. For others it’s a place where they feel at home, where they belong. For our team, it’s the chance to find sunshine in their work, their home and their life.
These are the values we live by:
- Know our customers, no assumptions.
- You can with Kyero.
- Explore what’s possible, never settle.
- Real Deal, what you see is what you get.
- One team, together we go further.
What You Will Bring…
- You are passionate about Frontend Development and have experience building websites.
- You’re comfortable with CSS and understand semantic HTML.
- Writing in ES6 is a must and even better if you have experience with TypeScript.
- You have experience with frontend frameworks (preferably React).
- You understand the request/response lifecycle.
- If you’ve ever worked with WordPress that’s a plus.
- You’re willing to learn and you’re up to date with the frontend developments and technologies.
- You are test driven, and you know that pairing and code reviews are about ensuring everything works properly and is a way to ensure quality and shared knowledge.
- You are comfortable and productive working 100% remotely.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Initially you will be working closely with our senior frontend developer to understand our codebase and gain experience.
- You will be responsible for HTML and CSS updates on our current WordPress microsites, plus involved in migrating these sites to a headless CMS.
- You will be writing code in Typescript code and on a path to becoming a better developer.
- You will be working on our main Kyero.com* website and applying style changes in Tailwind CSS, while becoming familiar with our extended codebase.
* Kyero.com is a Ruby on Rails application using a fairly standard technology stack, including PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ and ElasticSearch. We use Docker to run everything and work with some secondary PHP content management systems, utilising WordPress and Laravel.
- You live in Europe in a time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- You’re a team player, you know when to ask for help and to give help, you listen to others and are respectful to colleagues.
- GIT proficiency
- HTML5 semantic
- SCSS and CSS experience (methodologies, writing clean CSS)
- Understanding DOM and it’s API
- Passion to grow as developer
- You are fluent in English (we need to have a common language) and you’re a good communicator.
- Excellent contract rate/employee terms depending on location
- Autonomy and flexible remote working
- 25 days holiday
- International team meet ups (fun & inspiring, we hope to resume these when able)
- The potential to make a difference and play a key role in our growth story
Does this sound like a good fit for you? We’d love to hear from you! Please get in touch and let us know why this could be the right opportunity for you.
Send your application to email@example.com and include “Frontend Developer” in the title.
Please also include:
- Your CV
- A few words explaining why you think you’d be a good fit for Kyero
Direct applicants only please – we won’t respond to agencies.