Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to design and build data driven features and level up the team’s full-stack and/or DevOps skills. The cross functional Market team owns the high throughput marketing product features on the Kajabi platform including scheduled email delivery and associated metrics. We own the full stack of our domain from customer facing UI to backend infrastructure. With the support of your team, you will be expected to design and implement both new customer facing features as well as complex migrations from fairly standard Ruby on Rails stack to selected AWS backed distributed services.
The team you will join is a collaborative bunch. We value open conversation and default to collaboration when solving new problems. We’ll look to you to bring your DevOps and/or recent full-stack development expertise to the team, but you will never feel alone in your efforts.
The Impact you will make
- Plan, strategize, and execute on technical and product outcomes
- Provide technical leadership, feedback and mentorship to mid-level developers and your peers
- Level-up the existing team’s DevOps skills in infrastructure management and observability and/or bring current full-stack development skills to the team
- Write clean, simple, well-tested code that is easy to understand and maintain
- Solve immediate scalability issues with long-term thinking to co-own the platform you want to extend and maintain for years to come while delighting our customers
Attributes for Success
- Experience with AWS data services
- Experience or interest in provisioning cloud infrastructure. Ideally with Terraform
- Experience operating a 24/7 app in a production environment
- You can break apart large projects into small incremental steps and can extract the minimum viable product out of an ambitious idea
- Some experience providing technical leadership on small teams
- Consistently refactor code, systems and processes incrementally
- You’re excited by the prospect of building an event driven system
- Value and practice SOLID design principles
- Value automated testing and the CI/CD pipelines
- Ruby on Rails experience with interest or experience in other languages and frameworks
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Bonus for past experience on super collaborative projects or pair programming
- Bonus for full-stack or recent experience with React and friends
Kajabi Team Benefits Package
- Fully paid health insurance and dental insurance for self and family
- Fitness Incentives Package
- Company 401K, 100% match up-to 6% of employee contributions
- Company Funded Headspace Account
- Company Funded Audible Account
- Funded HSA account
- Duck Dining (office food, beverages, and the ability to request items) – Priceless
- Casual Dress
- Build and support software that makes the world a little bit better by empowering thousands of people to help millions of people get a little bit better at… just about everything: We’ve built a product that people from all walks of life are using to teach just about anything you can imagine, from personal development, to personal finance and investing, to software development, to yoga, or floral arrangement and everything in between and beyond. Whatever your interests, there are likely at least a few customers who are sharing that kind of knowledge with the world, using Kajabi. If you care about teaching, sharing, and helping others, consider your work at Kajabi a force multiplier that will touch the lives of millions of people. You’ll learn a thing or two about what it takes to create, market, and sell digital products. You might even be inspired to make a course of your own—we’d love that!
- Work with an incredible group of human beings: “It’s the people.” That’s what everyone seems to say when asked what they like most about working at Kajabi. It’s what candidates say when they come and visit the office and meet the team for the first time. We spend a major portion of our lives at work, so above all we try to be good humans, to each other and to our customers.
- Take ownership over an area of our product and provide technical leadership to a cross-functional product team: We’ve divided responsibility for our app across several cross-functional teams. You will bring your technical expertise and leadership and work directly with both technical peers and product designers to shape the roadmap for the area of the product domain your team owns.
- Join us as we enter into a new season of growth: We’ve been bootstrapped, profitable, and proud since day one. We launched in 2010 with an incredibly successful product. In 2016, we launched the third ground-up rebuild of our core product, one that we plan to shape and grow for many years to come. We have a stable and mature application with thousands of customers that count on us to continuously improve and support each and every feature. We’ve been able to build a large and successful app with a streamlined team, and are now growing to keep pace with the demands of our customers’ growth.
How To Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? We’re excited to hear from you! Click apply, below!
- Cover Letter – Please provide a cover letter that aligns directly to this role. Introduce yourself as a part of our team and tell us why you’re interested in Kajabi! Show us how you could make an impact in Kajabi’s future as well as how Kajabi can influence yours. Feel free to get creative! We are committed to providing our undivided attention to you!
Kajabi LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.