We’ve made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed – our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health and discover your future today!This job is a key administrative official for the department and assists the Chief Audit Executive in overseeing and monitoring the strategic development, implementation, management and improvement of audit, risk and control activities. This job is responsible for promoting a solid system of internal controls and risk management as well as meeting additional needs of the Audit & Oversight Committee of the Board of Directors and executive leadership while ensuring that audits and related projects/ services are completed as defined for areas of responsibility. Provides leadership to managers, supervisors, and professional staff and leads processes in collaboration with other department leadership; manages, plans and organizes functions of the department including staffing, development, training, and assisting with budgeting processes; possesses the skills to direct teams, coordinate department projects, compile and report productivity metrics, and make daily decisions necessary to maintain efficient operations within department; Directs initiatives to improve processes, maximize efficiencies by evaluating and streamlining workflow processes, and maintains high employee morale; and assists team in all functions relating to accurate, complete and timely documentation, project completion and follow up, and report of results.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Required – Bachelor’s degree
Preferred – Master’s or advanced degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Healthcare Management/ Operations or related field
Required – 8 years progressive governance, risk or control experience including 2 years of leadership experience.
Required – Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Internal Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Healthcare Internal Audit Professional (CHIAP), Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) or related certification
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals.
- Proficiency in healthcare operations within areas of assigned responsibility.
- Excellent skill in risk identification/ assessment within organizational processes, transactions and internal control structures as well as effective risk management techniques.
- Ability to establish relationships with key stakeholders within areas of organization assigned and foster an environment of teamwork; built, facilitated and maintained throughout the course of advisory and assurance services with the ability to prepare and present results, solutions and recommendations to diverse stakeholders.
- Self-driven with ability to work with a sense of urgency in accomplishing assigned responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to operate in a collaborative leadership environment (both internal and external to the department) with a high-degree of confidence, leadership and a results-oriented approach.
- Attention to detail balanced with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to discern global and process issues from diverse sources.
- Adept at gathering information and understanding problems, seeking out cause-and-effect relationships that identify underlying issues or problems, which includes mastery of interviewing skills and reading and comprehending complex documents.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills; including team-building activities.
- Advanced organizational and prioritization skills; including ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Ability to remain nimble and flexible regarding varied assignments and willingness to develop new areas of expertise.
- An understanding of our role in corporate governance and its key relationship with the Audit & Oversight Committee of the Board of Directors’.
- Ability to travel throughout the system.
- Leads team members to develop, maintain and implement organization-wide assurance and advisory services based on the organization’s risk management needs and emerging industry trends and issues, including acting as a strategic advisor for key stakeholders both internal and external to the organization
- Ensures quality of services and key stakeholder satisfaction through effective communications, initiatives and strategies to resolve issues and achieve desired outcomes and corrective actions.
- Develops and promotes department strategies to assist the organization in maturing the risk, control and governance activities.
- Leads team members to ensure department objectives are achieved through effective deployment of people and technology and coaching, mentoring and professional development.
- Builds pipelines for talent, including relationships with colleges and universities
- Completes projects and assignments by or before the agreed-upon target date and quickly communicates obstacles to achieving target completion date, reprioritizes schedules, and reevaluates project’s objectives to ensure resources are dedicated to highest priorities.
- Other related duties as required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations and standards.
This employer maintains and complies with its Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns. The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Normal routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue and as part of their employment, incumbents are not called upon to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid.
The incumbent has no occupational risk for exposure to communicable diseases.
Because the incumbent works within a healthcare setting, there may be occupational risk for exposure to hazardous medications or hazardous waste within the environment through receipt, transport, storage, preparation, dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or disposal of contaminated waste. The risk level of exposure may increase depending on the essential job duties of the role.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today!
Individuals who reside in and will work from the state of Colorado are not eligible for remote work position.
Ochsner Health endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Solution Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.