This position will provide in class technology support to instructors for Gatton’s hybrid online MBA program. Duties include:
- Direct a live virtual environment of the in class presentation and discussion for remotely connected students. The goal is to provide as close to a live experience for remote students as possible. The technology being used to provide the virtual environment includes Zoom online meeting spaces, a classroom facial recognition video camera for displaying the instructor, a video camera which will provide a view of the in class students for the remote students, and more.
- Video Editing – Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Setup and monitor recordings of the presentation and discussion using both Echo360 lecture capture and Zoom meeting applications.
- Meet with the instructor before each class period to discuss the format of that period so he/she can provide technology support to create a seamless experience for remote and live students. This includes initiating and monitoring the Zoom meeting space, controlling the student centered video camera and in class volume.
- Monitor Zoom sessions and alert the instructor of questions or comments initiated by remote students
- Troubleshoot any technical issues during class and provide solution or alternative to mitigate issues.
- Edit class videos and post them to Canvas course.
- Assist Gatton IT in providing remote support for off campus students.
- Assist live and remote students in using Zoom in breakout sessions for class discussions.
- Assist instructors and students with remote testing.
- All other duties assigned.