(100% Remote – Canada/US)
Inside’s growing editorial team is ready for a Director of Content who’ll be a player/coach, leading our team of business researchers, analysts, and writers. You’ll help strategize, create, and drive content that’s engaging and truly makes our readers smarter. In addition to writing, editing, and coaching the editorial team, you’ll also drive tests, track results, and make decisions based on the data. You’ll get your hands dirty while coaching the team to do their absolute best work.
- Oversee editorial team, lead experiments testing new content, write and edit stories, and engage with readers
- Define & understand the formula and perfect the playbook for growing our readership and delighting our subscribers through our newsletters and premium content
- Build and maintain a strategic content calendar covering multiple newsletters and industries to maximize growth AND reader happiness
- Champion new content product ideas, talk to our target audience
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including sales, marketing, and operations
- Tackle new challenges that move the needle daily. No 2 days are alike at Inside & we’re big believers in Kaizen.
- Experience in content at a fast-paced media company or tech startup with a focus on content as a growth channel
- A strong, competitive desire to win, data-driven & results-driven
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a team-based, entrepreneurial company
- Maintain composure in high-pressure situations and meeting tight deadlines
- Exceptional at learning on the fly and tackling new projects with little or no guidance
- Startup experience is a plus
- Bonus: experience working in a Business-to-Business or email newsletter environment
- You’ll work remotely, with opportunities to work from Inside’s Toronto office.
- $100k CAD