MaineGeneral Health is seeking a knowledgeable and engaging HR Business Partner to join our organization. In this role you will have HR partner responsibility for a select client group and organizational wide responsibility for a specific area of focus in either employee & leadership development, engagement & retention, or performance & talent management. If you have the passion to enable our cultural tenant “Excellence At Work” – to engage, support and reward our most valuable asset: our high caliber people – this is the role for you.
About the role
The HR Business Partner’s energy and insight will be focused on both the strategic and operational aspects of HR – working collaboratively with designated business units/teams – to support business strategies, priorities, issues, and needs to maximize departmental performance. This role will provide strategic direction and guidance to all levels of the organization and develop/implement workforce best practices that advance the mission, vision, and culture of the organization.
What you’ll do
• Articulate an understanding of the department’s business goals, strengths and opportunities and participate in developing strategies that directly support goals of assigned department.
• Build strong relationships with partners to deliver on key goals and articulate how current HR practices match customized needs of assigned department, making recommendations for improvement.
• Analyze key metrics/information/trends from various sources such as in depth interviews, turnover data, employee engagement surveys, exit interviews, feedback from employees and seek opportunities and strategies for improvements.
• Take active measures to coach and/or develop leaders and management team members to increase their leadership, best practices and HR competencies/expertise
• Research and advise on the latest developments and trends in human resources policy interpretation, labor relations, regulatory compliance, and federal/state/local law.
What you will need:
• Successful HR Business Partner experience with expertise in at least 2 areas: employee & leadership development, engagement & retention, and performance & talent management
• Bachelor’s degree and PHR/SHRM-CP Certification (preferred)
• Track record of effective consultation with all levels of leaders in the organization, cultivating relationships
• Experience in the healthcare industry (preferred)
Works closely with assigned business units/teams to incorporate human resources expertise to support business strategies, priorities, issues, and needs to maximize departmental performance.
Advises leadership on the development and implementation of workforce best practices that advance the mission, vision, and culture of the organization.
Provides coaching on the handling of employee relations matters, including managing poor performance, managing conflict, and addressing retention issues. Identifies issues or trends that suggest changes to policies and procedures.
Researches and advises on the latest developments and trends in human resources policy interpretation, labor relations, regulatory compliance, and federal/state/local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Scheduled Work Shift:
Supporting all aspects of our employees’ wellness – physical, emotional and financial – is a critical component of being a great place to work. With the wide range of benefits and programs available, employees have the resources they need to be well at every stage of life and plan for the future.
We offer quality health, dental, and vision benefits and wellness programs and resources to provide employees access to resources for a healthy lifestyle and help manage health care costs.
Employees have access to industry-leading leave for new parents.
A generous earned time plan is offered to all employees – We believe employees need and deserve time away from work to observe holiday, be with family, go on vacation, or simply take care of themselves.
When life gets challenging, employees have access to our Employee Assistance Program for employees and anyone in their household.
An employee discount program is available to all employees for services provided by MaineGeneral Medical Center.
Tuition Reimbursement is available to all employees to further develop skills and career.
We offer eligible employees up to 2% of eligible pay in 403(b) company-matching contributions plus another 2% in the 401(a) retirement income plan.
Three insurance plans are available to protect your family from the sudden loss of income in the event of your death, terminal illness or serious injury from accident.
We offer both short-term and long-term disability insurance to replace a portion of your income if you become disabled and cannot work for a period of time.
Helping our employees develop their skills and grow their careers is critical to how we retain our talent and sustain our business. We do this by offering our teammates a variety of leadership-supported programs and learning and development resources for every stage of their professional development. We know that our employees are our most valuable resource – they’re how we grow our business and care for our community.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability Assistive technologies are available. Application assistance for those requesting reasonable accommodation to the career site is available by contacting HR at (207) 861-3440 .
Posted 2 Days Ago
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability: In furtherance of MaineGeneral’s policy regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, MaineGeneral has developed a written Affirmative Action Program which sets forth the policies, practices and procedures that MaineGeneral is committed to in order to ensure that its policy of nondiscrimination and affirmative action is accomplished.
The Affirmative Action Plan for Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities is available for inspection by any employee or candidate for employment upon request, during normal business hours, in the Human Resources Department. Assistive technologies are available. Application assistance for those requesting reasonable accommodation to the career site is available by contacting HR at (207) 861-3440 . EEO is Law