Grocerkey is seeking an Operations Engineer to join our growing team. You will be filling a mission-critical role ensuring that our systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You will work with our development team from deployments all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. The ideal candidate is passionate about an operations role that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the infrastructure.
Time Zone and working schedule:
The position is remote and permanent (monthly salary). The Development team operates around the GMT+2 timezone. If your timezone is more than 3 hours difference, please don’t apply. To apply, you MUST include the timezone you will be working from.
What you’ll do:
– Assist with the planning and migration to containerization and Kubernetes.
– Assist with the planning and migration to a new CI/CD system.
– Collaborate with our backend engineers to ensure that new services are properly monitored and production changes are carefully planned to avoid downtime.
– Manage employee access to production and engineering services.
– Investigate and mitigate operational issues
– Participate in an on-call rotation (including weekends) and regular reviews of production incidents and changes.
– Serve as an escalation point for customer issues requiring troubleshooting of backend services
– As needed, engage in strategic operational projects around disaster recovery, SOC controls, migration to new cloud services, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
– 6 years of experience maintaining Linux servers in a production multi server environment.
– Good understanding of version control, and git flow technique.
– Good understanding of standard networking protocols
– Knowledge of some scripting language (Python, Bash, Ruby).
– Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Gitlab.
– Strong system troubleshooting skills with always on, highly available systems
– Experience configuring Amazon Web Services.
– Dedicated workspace for remote working
– Team player with strong communication and organizational skills
– Proactive attitude
– High level of attention to detail.
– Very organized
– Ability to participate in occasional meetings on US Hours.
– Experience implementing “infrastructure as code” using tools such as Ansible or Terraform
– Experience using REST APIs to interact and integrate with third-party service.
– Experience with Docker
– Experience with SQL Server
– Experience with Kubernetes