Are you keen? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
GoSkills is an exciting online company dedicated to providing high-quality courses on a great platform. We are continuously experimenting to improve the user experience and improve our attractiveness to consumers and businesses. Our team is distributed across 12 countries, either working from home or from co-working spaces.
- You have excellent software development skills
- You like to build sites that look great
- You are numerate
- You are willing to learn and develop your skills
- You have good interpersonal skills
- You are proactive, and have strong drive and initiative
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You’re a team player but can also work independently
- You’re eager to roll up your sleeves to DIY and achieve great outcomes.
- Visual Studio 2019
- ASP.NET MVC
Equipment and office space
For this role you will need to provide your own computer and high-speed internet connection.
What you get:
- Competitive salary: You tell us what your realistic salary expectations are and we’ll aim to match it.
- Vacation days: 20 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays.
- Remote work: We have always been a fully remote and distributed team, with our team members spread across 12 countries currently. We currently have a couple of weekly catch-ups at around 7:30pm-9pm UTC.
- Work-life balance: Enjoy a flexible day schedule based on your personal daily routine. This is a full-time position, so we expect 8 hours of work time per day. We don’t expect crazy long hours, overtime and burn out. We expect good time management skills and high-quality output during your regular work hours.
- Team retreat: We all travel and meet up at an exotic location for a week once a year (in normal times) at our team retreat to have fun and get to know each other. Our last retreat was in Thailand.
- Strong team culture: We build and maintain a strong team culture. This includes weekly all-hands Zoom calls, weekly team calls, and social catch-ups over tea/beer/coffee. There are no internal politics, we speak up if there are any issues and we treat each other with respect. We also like to be social, kind and fun.
- Diversity and inclusion: Our team members come from diverse backgrounds from different countries and cultures, and we are equally represented by gender (50:50 ratio), including our co-founders and management team. We value each person’s opinion and unique perspective. We love to solve problems creatively and collaboratively.
- Autonomy in your work: We trust you to make the best decisions to achieve your goals. We provide you with enough support to get your work done to a high standard and let you get on with it. We have a flat company structure, we make fast decisions, and iterate quickly.
- Personal growth and development: We invest in your long-term growth and development. You will work closely with the co-founders of the company to grow your skillset and we support you with courses, mentorship, training, workshops, and conferences.
- Communication tools: We use Slack, Trello, Google Docs, Google Drive, and Zoom to communicate and collaborate efficiently.
Why work for GoSkills?
Do you want to make a real impact on the growth of a tech startup? Does the thought of working with a fully remote, bootstrapped team of driven individuals excite you? Do you have the drive to accelerate us on our path to becoming a fast-growing educational company with limitless potential?
Openness & creativity: Speak up! We encourage open communication, questioning minds and thinking outside the box.
Our mission is to provide a high-quality learning experience, so that our learners can gain the right skills to advance their careers and achieve their goals.
We select globally-recognized experts, who are passionate about teaching, to develop bespoke courses for GoSkills. All our courses are delivered in ‘bite-sized’ chunks, which are digestible and easy to follow.