- The Food Services Worker performs under close supervision of the Manager or Supervisor and according to defined procedures and established schedules. Food Services Workers perform a variety of duties that support the Nutrition & Food Services department including the kitchen, cafeteria, or other food locations.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: N/A
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: N/A
- Ability to read and write English language as required by some duties.
- Ability to perform basic Arithmetic as required duties.
- Ability to perform safe food handling and sanitation techniques.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively and courteously with a diverse group of departmental and intradepartmental employees, patients and their families, visitors and customers.
- Ability to meet deadlines and concentrate on work.
- Basic computer skills as required by some duties.
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine’s largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.