Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage a fleet. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We recently raised a $21M Series B round and are on an exciting trajectory as a company. You can learn more about it here.
About the role
We are looking for a product-minded, team-oriented software engineer to improve and expand our existing Integration systems, which include vehicle GPS/telematics integrations, fuel card integrations, maintenance shop POS integrations, and more.
This is a remote role and is open to candidates based in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll work closely with Product Managers, Designers, and other engineers to plan, design, implement and improve integrations. You will collaboratively design and architect systems, refactor as necessary and write elegant and performant code. You’ll have a strong voice in the development and planning processes, so senior-level experience is key.
What’s in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. You will build software used by people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Work remotely (within the United States, Canada or Mexico), or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 80% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and we have promoted a strong remote working culture since the beginning (2012).
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and know you do, too.
Our Engineering and Product teams are structured as autonomous squads that execute within one focal area toward a defined product vision. We’re hardcore believers in easy-to-use software and our main goal as Product Engineers is to quickly and continuously deliver meaningful value to our customers. We’ve optimized our CI/CD tools and processes to get code into our production environments easily, resulting in an average of 40 deploys per week. Learn more about our Engineering Team and the interview process here.
- Experience working with diverse types of APIs – REST, SOAP, GraphQL, gRPC, etc.
- Deep understanding of how to build and scale integrations with 3rd-party systems
- History of building intuitive UIs necessary to set up and maintain integrations
- Knowledge of how to monitor and measure external APIs and systems
- Savvy at building maintainable and resilient software in Ruby (other languages are a plus)
- Experience reshaping and scaling existing APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be sure to mention “coffee” in your application so we know you read this
Considered a plus…
- Experience designing, building and documenting APIs
- Experience working with API Gateways
- Experience with ReactJS, TypeScript
- Know a thing or two about the fleet management industry
- 100% coverage of employee health and dental insurance (50% family)
- 401(k) + match
- Company stock options
- Vision, STD & LTD
- Dependent Care FSA and Medical FSA
- Generous PTO, Company Holidays & Floating Holiday
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Community service funds
- Mac laptop
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness incentives
- Remote working friendly since 2012