Have you ever wanted to disrupt a $70bn industry and be a key member of a fully integrated direct-to-consumer? Do you fancy a deep-dive into the intricate details of accounting while maintaining the nimbleness of a data-driven, digital company? Are you keen to help a young, fast-growing company continue to evolve into a world-class, employer of choice? Well, then, come say hi!
Firstleaf/Penrose Hill is looking for a Corporate Controller to report directly to our CFO. In this multi-faceted role you will ensure that we timely and accurately report the financial results of the business and maintain an adequate process and controls. You’ll motivate a high performing team and have the ability to support the strategic growth of the company.
A few examples will illustrate some of your challenges
- You’ll play a key role in planning directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions.
- Maintain accurate balance sheet reconciliations with internal controls that include but not limited to validating supporting documentation and establishing approval hierarchies
- Managing the monthly close and analytical review processes
- Preparing internal monthly financial reporting, including income statement, balance sheet, cash flow and cost center reports
- Preparing all requisite investor financial disclosures, reports and statements including SEC reporting as required
- Develop and implement financial accounting and operational accounting policies and processes that are consistent, robust, auditable, and secure
- Coordinating the preparation of annual Federal and State tax returns with outside tax advisors and ensuring timely tax compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Active Certified Public Accountant license
- In-depth knowledge of accounting standards and their application in a publicly traded company
- In-depth knowledge of AICPA/PCAOB audit standards
- 10+ years experience in accounting roles of increasing responsibility within public accounting and publicly traded companies
- 4+ years experience in audit capacity at Big 4 or nationally recognized public accounting firm
- 5+ years leadership experience in accounting/reporting/control at a publicly traded company
- Excellent leadership, communication and collaboration skills
- Working knowledge of SEC financial reporting and disclosure requirements
- Strong leadership experience in the corporate accounting function of a publicly traded company
Working with the world’s best wine company isn’t enough?
Seriously though, we offer remote work*, and a location agnostic philosophy added to a very flexible work schedule. Unlimited vacation time. Further, we offer a truly competitive compensation package with bonus and stock options grants, plus choices with medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as flexible spending accounts. life insurance, 401(k), employee assistance program, discounted pet insurance. And to top it off: a monthly wine credit with our wine club, Firstleaf.
*Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that the position may not be performed remotely from Colorado.