- Installs, inspects, tests, troubleshoots and repairs all distribution systems electrical wiring, motors, motor controls, machinery and equipment both fixed and portable to provide a safe environment for patients and employees. All work must be done to national electrical code and other applicable codes.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Requires knowledge of electricity, mathematics, applied physics, blueprint reading, and safety procedures at a level generally acquired through completion of two years of formal training in an electrician’s apprenticeship program and two years of progressively more responsible work experience.
- License/Certifications: Requires a State of Maine Journeyman’s license.
- Experience: See “Education”
- Requires finger and manual dexterity, visual color discrimination, and eye to hand coordination.
- Requires analytical ability to plan the installation and repair of electrical systems, equipment and components. Must troubleshoot and locate source of problems or malfunctions.
- Requires interpersonal skills necessary to maintain cooperative working relationship with immediate work group and other hospital personnel.
- Requires blueprint and schematic drawing reading and interpretation skills.
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine’s largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.