Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world’s largest social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we are planting and protecting forests by enabling people to channel their everyday actions into environmental good. So far our 15 million users have planted over 100 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant native and biodiverse trees worldwide!
We are looking for a Tech Lead – Site Reliability Engineer (m/f/x) with expertise in container orchestration and resilience engineering practices to join us remotely or in our Berlin office. We are growing fast and need support in our mission to enable a frictionless scalable Development organization.
As a Tech Lead of our remote-first Platform team, you will proactively improve our platform infrastructure and optimize developers’ workflow, while supporting your colleagues in their technical growth. You will also coordinate with the rest of Ecosia Tech leads on identifying technical challenges.
Do you want to become part of a supportive team with a company wide impact, and shape a product used by millions of users every day?
What you’ll be doing
- Help the transition from purely Platform work to SRE practices: design, advise and implement SRE best practices
- Architect, deploy and manage critical infrastructure
- Collaborate closely with the Tech PM of the team and translate business requirements into technical ones
- Improve the incident handling processes and participate as primary on-call escalation point for other on-call engineers
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to your teammates
- Drive technical roadmap for the team, and identify innovation potential within the infrastructure domain with input from the different teams (product and platform)
- Assist with designing and executing chaos/destructive testing, related analysis and provide feedback to requisite teams
- Provide visibility, insights and metrics via log and monitoring systems
- Create and continue to support cloud infrastructures and cloud system integration
- Strengthen our collaborative and inclusive culture, in alignment with our core values
What you bring
- Track record of setting up and supporting SRE teams vision and strategy
- SRE experience developing or running large scale online services
- Strong communication skills and the ability to speak the language of stakeholders from different areas (product, tech, compliance, security)
- Understanding the value of a “service ownership” culture, and can support or mentor other developers with running services reliably in production
- Experience being part of incident management
- Experience with monitoring applications in production and observability
- Technology Stack
These skills are nice to have, but not having them won’t impact our consideration of your application.
- Experience in implementing SLI/SLO
- Experience with some of the development tools from our Tech radar
Salary range for the role:
A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience (69.4k – 79.8k) per year, based on your skills and experience, plus up to 5k per year for participating in the on-call rotation.
What we offer
– Relocation assistance and visa application support
– Learning days and learning budget, Hackathons, offsite events, conference participation
Work for a purpose!
– Instead of working to earn an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you’ll add millions of trees for the planet
– Your work will be used by millions of people across the globe daily
– Eco-activism is not expected, but it’s fully supported by the company
– Want to know what it’s like to work for Ecosia? Check out our info page
– Learn more about Ecosia and what we stand for with these 10 questions for Ecosia’s Founder and CEO
Grow your expertise!
– Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
– Available opportunities and support to advance your professional growth such as monthly learning days, hack days, and a free book policy
– An entrepreneurial environment open to your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other parts of your life!
– Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours: part -time of 32 hours possible, with core working hours between 10-16 Berlin time/CET
*If during covid-19 you work outside of Germany, you need to be available during our core working hours
– Two ‘no-meeting’ days per week and open for periods of remote work (winter and summer months)
– 30 vacation days
Get compensated well and fairly!
– A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
– Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your monthly green-electricity bill
– Additional perks include weekly team lunches, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
Diversity and inclusion are important for us and we are constantly working on improving it.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work
We are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity.
We stay true to our mission together with ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
We are constantly working on improving it and welcome feedback.
If you’re living with a disability, illness, and/or neurodiversity, feel free to let us know how we can adjust and support your application process. For instance, we can provide different tools, interview formats, or more time for assignments.