MaineHealth is proud to offer a starting minimum wage of $17.00/hour
~ Per Diem / As Needed Position ~
Under the supervision of leadership, the cook is responsible for the preparation and presentation of food production during assigned scheduled hours. The cook will follow standardized recipes and work in a timely and efficient manner. The cook is required to comply with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and follow food production programs and procedures.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school diploma or GED is strongly preferred, with reading comprehension and writing ability at a 12th grade level or higher.
- License/Certifications: Certificate in food preparation training preferred.
- Experience: Commercial cooking experience preferred or domestic cooking experience with large groups. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Enjoy working with older adults.
- OSHA-MSDS sheets and procedures.
- Fire and safety procedures.
- Knows resident rights and understands abuse and neglect per state regulations.
- State and federal food-handling and kitchen regulations.
- Operation of kitchen appliances (dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, coffeemaker, ice machine, etc.), office equipment (fax machine, photocopier, telephone, etc.), and household appliances (vacuum cleaner, etc.).