The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics department of Food and Nutrition Services is seeking a Cook I to perform a variety of tasks under direct supervision, perform general cooking duties using standardized recipes and perform other preparation and sanitation duties as required.
- Performs general cooking, food preparation, and serving meals using standardized recipes and procedures
- Cleans and sanitizes cooking area according to standard sanitation procedures
- Checks food against predetermined quality prior to service
- Records quality control information
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa’s only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
Percent of Time: 100%
Schedule: 08:00 PM-04:30 AM Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
Location: General Hospital
Salary: 04 https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/merit-pay-plan — $15.25 per hour
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.