Contra is a professional network for freelancers. We allow you to showcase your skills through projects, not roles and build a trusted community of people you actually love to work with and want to work with again.
- Differentiated business model. Contra is upending the marketplace model by charging 0% commission on users services, empowering users and incentivizing quality.
- Recently funded, well capitalized. Adding to strong reserves, Contra closed Series B in Jul 21′ led by NEA. This followed their Series A in Jan 21′ led by Unusual Ventures with Cowboy Ventures and Atelier Ventures.
- Rapid and consistent growth. Since its soft launch in March 2020, hundreds of thousands of independent workers have joined Contra with profile creation increasing 50% month to month in Q1 21′.
- Young and growing customer base. Freelancers are young. 63% are under the age of 34 and 39% are under the age of 24. Of Contras 120k MAU, 40% are GenZ, putting them ahead of the trend.
- High value, high signal community. Profiles display users skills through the projects they’ve worked on rather than the roles they held.
- Fully Distributed. Work anywhere in the United States in a natively distributed team.
Who we are looking for
- Technical credibility based on tech chops and/or prior career wins.
- Background in social networks or marketplaces.
- Experience working in a similar stage startup.
- Willingness to be “hands-on” with many tasks.
How you’ll add value at Contra
- Recruit, coach and develop a team from the ground up in a remote-first environment.
- Instill processes to maximize team engagement, velocity and excitement.
- Collaborate with founders to define and implement great engineering culture.
How Contra can add value for you
- Opportunity to scale a startup and drive business
- Remote-first culture
- Health coverage
- Competitive salary + equity
- Generous vacation policy + paid holidays off
- Flexible parental leave
- No Meeting Wednesdays
- Half day every third Friday of the month (throughout Covid)
- Complete a self-assessment form (5-10 minutes)
- Non-technical (introduction & culture) interview (30-45 minutes)
- Interview with our CEO (30 minutes)
- Interview with our CTO (30-45 minutes)
- Interview with our Head of Product and Lead Engineer (30 minutes)