Commerce Layer is seeking a talented engineer who possesses infinite curiosity, is excited about developer tools, is eager to solve challenges that developers face, and enjoys sharing knowledge. This is an incredible opportunity to join the Developer Relations department at Commerce Layer comprising of the Developer Advocacy, Integrations Engineering, and Documentation Engineering teams. The goal of this department is to empower developers, build thriving relationships, listen for feedback from the community, influence the roadmap of our developer tools, and make a meaningful impact on the Commerce Layer developer ecosystem.
- Research, engineer, and experiment with new ways to improve developer workflows and practices.
- Experiment and develop new sales channel integrations (especially around conversational commerce, mobile commerce, IoT, and others), specialized plugins/libraries, integrations with other frameworks/services, and commerce-related methodologies.
- Validate and experiment with early/pre-release feature developments to help ensure a robust and consistent developer experience.
- Foster relationships with the open-source community and establish partnerships that improve the experience and workflow of Commerce Layer users across common frameworks and libraries.
- Author and engage with the community via API documentation, curated presentations, demonstrations, and learning guides to make it incredibly easy for developers to adopt Commerce Layer.
- If interested, occasionally speak at conferences, meetups, podcasts, workshops, etc.
- Report directly to our Head of Developer Relations or CTO.
- Balance speed and quality, with a focus on tangible results.
Need to have
- Experience with working with APIs.
- Experience with serverless and headless architectures.
- Passion for learning and innovation.
- Proficient written and spoken English is required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to be organized, self-sufficient, and productive when working either collaboratively or independently.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- 3+ years experience as a problem solver.
- Active contributor to open source projects, or other public community projects.
Nice to have
- Experience with developing APIs.
- Experience in mentoring, sharing knowledge, and technical writing.
- Proven experience influencing product strategy and drive change across organizational boundaries through clear and compelling communication of data-driven insights and analyses.
- The ability to be a self-starter and know what makes you productive.
- Experience with cloud computing and some CI/CD tools.
- The ability to share, understand and decipher memes ?.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Generous PTO / sick leave
- Work from home in your PJs and with your pets
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Opportunities for growth, leadership, and autonomy in our fast-growing team
- Opportunity to contribute to open source
- Annual company retreat
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
- The future of commerce is headless and global: Commerce Layer was built for the new era. All our work focuses on empowering developers from all around the world to build outstanding shopping experiences, helping brands to go headless the right way and scale their business globally.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway; we’ll be happy to meet you!
Commerce Layer supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.