CodeLathe (an Austin, TX, USA based company) is looking for a passionate and motivated Cyber Security Specialist to manage security initiatives across systems and products. The ideal candidate should feel comfortable working independently and taking the lead on matters related to security. This is a 100% remote position and will require remote collaboration with team members.
- Plan, research, and develop security policies, procedures, and control techniques
- Conduct information system audits covering IT infrastructure assets
- Oversee threat advisories, threat intel, and bug hunting
- Perform security assessment procedures, security audits, and risk analysis
- Manage issues related to security requiring in-depth analysis
- Effectively communicate findings to senior team members and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in IT domain or IT Security with 2+ years of experience identifying cyber or fraudulent suspicious activity
- Certificate such as CISSP, CEH (preferred)
- Expertise regarding security testing methodologies, common application security vulnerabilities, and penetration testing
- Extensive knowledge of infrastructure layers including hardware, OS, virtualization, storage, network, database, and security
- Advanced knowledge of scripting languages like Python, PowerShell, Bash, MySQL, MSSql or a similar type of RDBMS
- Understanding of network security risks, exploits, and OS hardening techniques
- Familiarity with tracking CVEs and experience dealing with attacks like phishing, XSS, and SQL injection
- Hands-on experience with security tools like BurpSuite, Nessus, and ZAP scanner
- High-level knowledge of engineering solutions relating to layered security products with one or more of the following technologies:
- Firewall, VPN, IDS/IPS, web proxy, network access control, systems administration, network storage, enterprise authentication
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of including but not limited to following:
- Penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, SIEM, patch management solution, data leakage solution, intrusion prevention systems, web content filter, web application firewall, DDOS prevention
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
Location: Remote. Preference for candidates in India or South America.
Compensation: Based on experience.
If you are interested, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please note the Job ID: CSS1 in the email subject.