For a limited time this position is eligible for up to $1500 sign on bonus!
Eligible candidates for the bonus will have greater than 2 years (24 months) of CNA work experience.
- Under the supervision of a Registered Nurses and according to defined policies and procedures, performs various service duties and technical tasks such as taking vital signs and assisting patients with basic hygiene and activities of daily living. Specific duties may vary by area of assignment. Consideration of the special needs and behaviors of specific patient populations is required.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Participates in ongoing education relative to role as defined.
- License/Certifications: Must be certified as a Nursing Assistant by State of Maine and be on the State of Maine Registry.
- Experience: CNA experience 0-6 months. On-the-job training provided.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information and maintain courteous relationship with patients, families, visitors and Medical Center employees.
- Ability to read, write and speak English in order to transcribe and communicate approved provider’s orders at a level normally acquired through a high school education.
- Knowledge of standards, policies, procedures and organizational structure of the unit, the Department of Nursing, and Maine Medical Center.
*Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible for bonus; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months separation from employment.*
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine’s largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.